Norwich chocolatier asks for ideas for new chocolate bar flavours
- Credit: Simon Finlay
Sweet-toothed members of the public have been challenged to come up with four new flavours for chocolate bars for a Norwich-based chocolatier.
Gnaw is planning to launch a new range of 50g chocolate bars, and people who come up with a winning flavour will be invited to the company's creative kitchen in Norwich to see it being made into chocolate.
Gnaw owner Matt Legon said: 'Our chocolate is fun, original, and we have created a host of imaginative flavours such as lemon meringue, banoffee pie, and chilli & lime.
'We want the new 50g bars to be just as enticing – so we thought we would run a competition to ask the region's chocolate-loving public to put on their creative thinking caps and come up with some funky new flavours.'
He added: 'Maybe people dream of chocolate that tastes of their favourite dessert, or an exotic fruit, or something sweet from their childhood that they loved.
'We want people to imagine intriguing flavour combinations – so the call to action is; be creative, be innovative, make it fun, delicious and quirky.'
The competition comes as the company hopes to snap up greater market share after forging a new partnership with a UK-wide distributor. The company has struck a deal with Blakemore Fine Foods, adding to the 1,000 outlets and 25 countries which it already supplies.
- 1 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 2 City pub 'full of life again' after busy opening weekend
- 3 See inside this £1.15m Bridgerton-style city centre period property
- 4 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 5 Hidden city garden opening with live music and plant sale
- 6 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 7 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 8 Waiting game over fate of housing bid for former school playing field
- 9 'Killer weeds infesting river are threat to life', warns boat boss
- 10 ‘Porn addict’ Norfolk doctor who secretly filmed women struck off
Mr Legon said: 'Gnaw is ambitious to grow, but we want to expand in the right way, with the right partners who can help us reach the right retailers for our product.
'Blakemore is the perfect partner for us.
'They are well-established with an excellent reputation, they are family-run and care passionately about quality and supplying only the best to their customers. The way they work with producers is also very hands-on and they totally understand our desire to be very selective about who stocks our product.'
To enter, send flavour ideas (one per email only) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date is October 31 2014.
Do you have a business story for the Evening News? Email email@example.com