Norwich chocolate firm’s tempting new flavours
Norwich chocolate manufacturer Caley's is planning an assault on the confectionery sector.
Caley's, founded in the 1880s, is to launch three new flavours of its Marching Chocolate bars early next year: ginger, mint and orange.
It is also reintroducing its Especially Yours chocolate bars, which have spaces for messages on the back as an alternative to greeetings cards, and its Especially Yours chocolate boxes.
It is the biggest launch for the firm, which until now has only been selling milk and dark chocolate, all fairtrade, since 2007.
The new lines, which will put the firm in competition with the likes of Cadbury's-owned Green & Blacks and Divine, are due to substantially increase turnover at the business, which has already grown over the past few months after opening a second cafe in Norwich in White Lion Street, pictured above.
Robert Cunningham-Brown, chairman at the firm, said, from a turnover of �200,000 before 2000, the firm was now looking to hit �2m in 2011.
He also said that, after the launch of the new chocolate bars, and later next year, the firm would be looking to open more cafes in East Anglia and further afield.
- 1 Riverside pub undergoes £80k refurb in time for summer
- 2 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 3 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
- 4 Drivers bemused as underwear strewn across pedestrian crossing
- 5 Sewage seeps through floorboards and blocks sinks in apartment block
- 6 Why NR3 is being dubbed the 'new Shoreditch'
- 7 Norwich cocktail bar and restaurant relaunches with new name and menu
- 8 11 reasons why Norwich is the best city
- 9 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 10 More cameras could be on way to fine law-breaking Norfolk motorists
'The launch of the new products will give us a big boost,' he said.
'At the moment the product range on the bars is quite limited with milk and dark chocolate.
'What we are finding is that if we want to replace people like Green & Blacks and Divine we have got to have more than just two bars.'
The news comes as the firm has launched a partnership in Norwich with national chain store Holland & Barrett to offer 10,000 of their customers 10pc off Caley's Cafe.