Couple open new children’s bookstore in Norwich
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A new independent children's bookstore has opened in Norwich and promises to provide children and adults with a welcoming space that encourages reading and creativity.
Leanne and Dan Fridd, opened their new shop, Bookbugs and Dragontales, on Saturday, August 17, on Timber Hill.
The owners, who both have creative backgrounds in performing arts and theatre, said they were proud of their new store and the abundance of books and creative workshops set to take place over the coming months, as well as their broad selection of local coffee and cake available.
Art classes and spoken-word events are among the list of workshops planned commencing September 1, with the addition of talks from local authors also being arranged.
With a range of artwork painted on the walls by a local friend and artist, Bookbugs and Dragontales is described by the owners as a 'bookshop that friends and family built', expressed through their commitment to support local businesses.
Leanne and Dan aim to offer a unique bookstore experience with something for everybody to enjoy.
Their blog, that follows the process of opening the bookstore, can be found at www.bookbugsanddragontales.com
- 1 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 2 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 3 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 4 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
- 5 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 6 House price boom pushing city buyers out of the market
- 7 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Staff tuck into emergency honeycomb after bees rescued from city pub
- 9 Owners of taco and gourmet burger trailers open restaurant in Norwich
- 10 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb