Chef from Norwich appears on Bake Off: The Professionals
- Credit: Mark Bourdillon/Channel 4
A woman from Norwich is competing on Channel 4 show Bake Off: The Professionals.
Leanne De'ath, a London chef originally from Norwich, is currently starring in the third series of the Great British Bake Off spinoff.
Miss De'ath, who grew up in the city, went to City College Norwich and worked at The Marsham Arms, decided to move to London to advance her career.
After completing her training at The Grove, a five-star hotel in Watford, the young chef spent two years at the luxury establishment Hotel Café Royal, where her Bake Off teammate Romain Tssr is head baker. She recently returned to The Grove as a sous chef.
At just 23, she is one of the youngest chefs in the competition, which will see a total of twelve teams of chefs battling it out to become the winner.
Miss De'ath said: 'So far Bake Off: The Professionals has been a pleasure to be on,' she said. 'I have learned so much from doing it.
'You do get bad comments but you also get good ones. It has been challenging as it's hard getting judged by professional chefs as you feel like you can always do better'.
- 1 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 2 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 3 New homeware shop is 'dream come true' for owner
- 4 Restaurant with 'interactive dining experience' to open in Norwich
- 5 Country pub announces closure due to rising costs
- 6 'We just want to hold our son' - Plea for help to bring miracle baby home
- 7 New music festival with street food to take place in city centre park
- 8 Four restaurants in Norwich nominated for national awards
- 9 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 10 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
She first went to City College Norwich when she was still at school, studying on the Introduction to Catering course alongside her GCSEs, as part of the college's provision for 14-16 year olds.
She then trained full-time for two years in the college's kitchens on its Professional Cookery course, following in the footsteps of City College Norwich chef alumni including Tom Aikens, Richard Bainbridge and Richard Hughes.
City College Norwich lecturer Sue Kesseck, course leader on the Professional Cookery course, said: 'Leanne was an exemplary student, conscientious, eager to learn and always on time.
'She had a real flair for pastry, which was apparent very early on. We are delighted to see how well Leanne is now doing in her career and we are all rooting for her in Bake Off: The Professionals!'
Bake Off: The Professionals is shown on Channel 4 on Sundays at 8pm and is presented by Tom Allen and Liam Charles.