Norwich charity Christmas card shop opens for 52nd year
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
The Lord Mayor and Sheriff of Norwich have opened The Original Norwich Charity Christmas Card Shop for its 52nd festive period in business.
The shop has opened in a new venue this year in 15 St Stephens Street.
Since the shop first opened in 1966, a total of nearly £2,000,000 has been raised for charity.
Madeleine Keep, volunteer, said: 'We're delighted with the location of the shop this year, which has been beautifully decorated by the volunteers. There are nearly 100 people in total who sacrifice their time to help with the shop and we fundraise for all our expenses, so all the money we raise goes to the charities.'
This year, the shop will be raising money for 25 different charities, big and small, from Save the Children to the Benjamin Foundation.
You may also want to watch:
As well as Christmas cards, the store will also be stocking other seasonal items, such as wrapping paper and calendars.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 3 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 6 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 7 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 8 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 9 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 10 Former policeman in court in Norwich charged with rape and assaults