Norwich Cathedral service to honour volunteers
Sarah HallVolunteers and the invaluable contribution they make to the county's life will be celebrated at a special service at Norwich Cathedral this weekend, organised by the Lord Lieutenant of Norfolk.Sarah Hall
Volunteers and the invaluable contribution they make to the county's life will be celebrated at a special service at Norwich Cathedral this weekend, organised by the Lord Lieutenant of Norfolk.
The Lord-Lieutenant of Norfolk, Richard Jewson, JP, is keen to ensure every volunteer and voluntary group in the county is included in the Lord-Lieutenant's Celebration of Voluntary Service at Norwich Cathedral.
This year's event starts at 3pm on Sunday and is being held at the cathedral by kind permission of the Dean and Chapter. The service was last held in 2007 and was attended by dozens of volunteers.
The Salvation Army band and the Cathedral Consort will be part of the celebrations, and light refreshments will be served in the Cloisters following the service.
You may also want to watch:
If you are a volunteer or part of a voluntary organisation and have not received an invitation to the celebrations at the cathedral, contact Sharon Stone in the Lieutenancy Office on 01603 222949, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is not a ticketed event, although organisers are asking people to contact them so they can provide enough catering.
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 3 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 4 Impact of T-Rex trail revealed as sculptures leave city
- 5 'A very easy Brexit win' - Traders have say on imperial measures change
- 6 Man arrested after assaulting three police officers outside Popworld
- 7 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 8 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 9 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 10 What 45,000 new homes will mean for our city
Organisers also warned there is limited parking for disabled badge holders only in Cathedral Close.