5 Easter events at Norwich Cathedral this weekend
- Credit: Archant
From Easter services to an egg hunt for all the family, there is lots to look forward to at Norwich Cathedral this Easter weekend.
A poetic journey into Holy Week
Until Friday April 19
Priest, poet, musician and academic, the Revd Dr Malcolm Guite will be taking people on A Poetic Journey into Holy Week with a series of talks.
He will preach at the 7pm Eucharists until April 18 and at a 1pm Reflections event on Good Friday.
- 1 High-flyer at school to heroin addict - City homeless man reveals his story
- 2 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 3 From mustard to postcodes: 15 things Norwich has given the world
- 4 'Covid has killed us' - 65-year-old Norwich venue The Talk to close
- 5 Cockapoo Café coming to Norwich next month
- 6 Struggles to move out of Norfolk continue after school attack
- 7 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway
- 8 Community on high alert after cars targeted in city suburbs
- 9 Traffic and infrastructure fears as major housing project starts
- 10 Man sentenced for two robberies in two days
At the Foot of the Cross
Friday April 19, 11am
A chance for families to gather at the foot of the Cross and reflect with words, music and symbols on the events of Good Friday.
Saturday April 20, 8.30pm
The first celebration of Easter as we gather around the Easter fire, light the Easter candle and celebrate the beginning of Easter with fanfares.
Easter Sunday services
Sunday April 21, 10.30am and 3.30pm
The Revd Canon Andy Bryant, Canon for Mission and Pastoral Care, will preach at the 10.30am Choral Eucharist and the Very Revd Jane Hedges, Dean of Norwich, will preach at the Festal Evensong of Easter Day.
Easter Monday Egg Trail
Monday April 22, 1pm to 5pm
Families can have fun following an Easter egg trail around the Cathedral on Easter Monday and those who complete the trail will be able to collect a chocolate egg from the Cathedral shop.
To see Norwich Cathedral's full programme of services and events visit www.cathedral.org.uk