Motorists face long hold-ups in Norwich city centre due to delayed roadworks
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are facing long queues and delays due to over running works in Norwich city centre.
Urgent repairs on Carrow Bridge began on Friday night, but the road currently remains closed.
The work was originally due to be done on Friday, September 25 and Saturday, September 26, with the road closed overnight.
The delays to the £20,000 project have been caused by the weather.
Routine inspection found a number of defects in the timber decking road surface.
Norfolk County Council said works would take place between 7pm on Friday, October 9 until 7am on Saturday, October 10 and from 7pm on Saturday, October 10 until 7am on Sunday, October 11.
But the Carrow Bridge has stayed closed during Saturday.
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 3 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 4 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 5 Team behind Golden Triangle pub take on Edith Cavell in Norwich
- 6 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 7 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 8 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 9 Thorpe Road closes to all traffic as resurfacing work begins
- 10 Bread Source confirms location of new store
A County Council spokesperson said “Work to resurface Carrow Bridge is still ongoing and will continue for another night until 7am on Sunday 11th October. We apologise for the inconvenience that this will cause.”