Motorists face long hold-ups in Norwich city centre due to delayed roadworks
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are facing long queues and delays due to over running works in Norwich city centre.
Urgent repairs on Carrow Bridge began on Friday night, but the road currently remains closed.
The work was originally due to be done on Friday, September 25 and Saturday, September 26, with the road closed overnight.
The delays to the £20,000 project have been caused by the weather.
Routine inspection found a number of defects in the timber decking road surface.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk County Council said works would take place between 7pm on Friday, October 9 until 7am on Saturday, October 10 and from 7pm on Saturday, October 10 until 7am on Sunday, October 11.
But the Carrow Bridge has stayed closed during Saturday.
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 3 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 9 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 10 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
A County Council spokesperson said “Work to resurface Carrow Bridge is still ongoing and will continue for another night until 7am on Sunday 11th October. We apologise for the inconvenience that this will cause.”