Bubbly and Queen's telegram number seven for birthday girl Gwen
- Credit: The Warrens
A Norwich care home resident marked her 107th birthday with a glass of champagne and her seventh telegram from the Queen.
A champagne reception was held for Gwendoline Moore, a resident at The Warren care home, in Wroxham Road.
She was joined by her daughter Gillian, staff and residents to enjoy a homemade birthday cake to celebrate her big day.
The centenarian, who has two grandchildren and two great-grandchildren said there was no secret to a long life, but held many jobs in her life including working as a cashier to when she was 70 at Looses, on Magdalen Street.
The resident moved to the home in 2014 at the age of 100.
You may also want to watch:
Pedro Campos, general manager of The Warren, said: “We’re delighted to be celebrating a truly remarkable lady as she reaches this amazing milestone."
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 3 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 4 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 5 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 6 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 9 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food