Norwich car technician in final of national competition
A Norwich businessman could become the first to be named as the top motor technician in the UK for the second time after reaching the finals again.
Clive Atthowe is one of six modern vehicle technicians to have made it to the final round of national competition Top Technician 2011.
The 53-year-old from Thorpe St Andrew, who runs Clive Atthowe Tuning in Salhouse Road, won the competition back in 2007 and came runner up in 2006. No-one has ever won the competition more than once.
To get to the final this year, Mr Atthowe came top in the first stage online test covering theory and diagnostic repair scenarios. He then sailed through the regional heats which challenged his practical competence at finding faults on a variety of cars.
The married father-of-three now faces a day of assessments at the Honda Institute in Slough on March 4.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'I'm really chuffed to get to the final. It's something I've not taken part in for a while but I thought I would try again – it's good to test yourself against other technicians.
'It's good for my business and helps keep the business profile up there. It's quite a tough competition – it would be nice to win – but who knows.' photo: simon finlay
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 'I'd be utterly lost without it' - Family told to dig up vegetable patch
- 3 Calls for 'white elephant' bus lane to be opened for emergencies
- 4 Cafe in historic park pavilion to reopen after £36,000 renovation
- 5 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 6 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 7 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 8 Shoe shop founded in 1857 closes down
- 9 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 10 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'