Norwich car technician in final of national competition
A Norwich businessman could become the first to be named as the top motor technician in the UK for the second time after reaching the finals again.
Clive Atthowe is one of six modern vehicle technicians to have made it to the final round of national competition Top Technician 2011.
The 53-year-old from Thorpe St Andrew, who runs Clive Atthowe Tuning in Salhouse Road, won the competition back in 2007 and came runner up in 2006. No-one has ever won the competition more than once.
To get to the final this year, Mr Atthowe came top in the first stage online test covering theory and diagnostic repair scenarios. He then sailed through the regional heats which challenged his practical competence at finding faults on a variety of cars.
The married father-of-three now faces a day of assessments at the Honda Institute in Slough on March 4.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'I'm really chuffed to get to the final. It's something I've not taken part in for a while but I thought I would try again – it's good to test yourself against other technicians.
'It's good for my business and helps keep the business profile up there. It's quite a tough competition – it would be nice to win – but who knows.' photo: simon finlay
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 4 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 5 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 6 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 7 'They can't get away with it': Petrol boss defiant after spate of crimes
- 8 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 9 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 10 Progress on plan for 4,000 homes near Norwich to be revealed