Cake stall closes on Norwich Market
- Credit: Archant
A cake stall closed on Norwich Market over the weekend, just a year after opening.
The boutique cake outlet, Katie's Cake Box, which was located at stall 126 on row F, sold homemade treats and custom wedding and celebration cakes to order.
The stall was opened in June 2017 by Katie Hitchborn, a baker's daughter, who taught herself to make wedding cakes by watching YouTube tutorials.
The cake business, which was first established in 2013, confirmed on its Facebook page that it will still be taking orders for collection and delivery and thanked customers for their support over the last year.
A nearby stall owner on Norwich Market said they were 'very sorry to see Katie's Cake Box go'.
They said: 'We've seen a lot of stalls close, a lot of food stalls especially.'
You may also want to watch:
Katie's Cake Box have been contacted for further comment.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Eight men arrested after multiple stabbing in Norwich
- 7 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 8 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 9 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 10 Community in shock as murder investigation launched