Cake stall closes on Norwich Market
- Credit: Archant
A cake stall closed on Norwich Market over the weekend, just a year after opening.
The boutique cake outlet, Katie's Cake Box, which was located at stall 126 on row F, sold homemade treats and custom wedding and celebration cakes to order.
The stall was opened in June 2017 by Katie Hitchborn, a baker's daughter, who taught herself to make wedding cakes by watching YouTube tutorials.
The cake business, which was first established in 2013, confirmed on its Facebook page that it will still be taking orders for collection and delivery and thanked customers for their support over the last year.
A nearby stall owner on Norwich Market said they were 'very sorry to see Katie's Cake Box go'.
They said: 'We've seen a lot of stalls close, a lot of food stalls especially.'
You may also want to watch:
Katie's Cake Box have been contacted for further comment.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 3 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 4 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 5 Drip, drip, hooray! City's bottled water crisis solved
- 6 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
- 7 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 8 'Music, food and motor cars': Festival set to return to Norwich
- 9 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 10 Multi-vehicle crash causes delays on A11