Cake stall closes on Norwich Market
- Credit: Archant
A cake stall closed on Norwich Market over the weekend, just a year after opening.
The boutique cake outlet, Katie's Cake Box, which was located at stall 126 on row F, sold homemade treats and custom wedding and celebration cakes to order.
The stall was opened in June 2017 by Katie Hitchborn, a baker's daughter, who taught herself to make wedding cakes by watching YouTube tutorials.
The cake business, which was first established in 2013, confirmed on its Facebook page that it will still be taking orders for collection and delivery and thanked customers for their support over the last year.
A nearby stall owner on Norwich Market said they were 'very sorry to see Katie's Cake Box go'.
They said: 'We've seen a lot of stalls close, a lot of food stalls especially.'
You may also want to watch:
Katie's Cake Box have been contacted for further comment.
- 1 Riverside dog-friendly bar opens in city for summertime
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 4 Major names coming to Norwich as big top to be erected in Cathedral Close
- 5 Botanical Garden Bar returning to Norwich after 'huge level of interest'
- 6 Is it time to give St Stephens Street a revamp?
- 7 Man, 28, wanted by police in Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 9 Car and lorry crash on busy Norwich road
- 10 Wanted man arrested in Dereham