Norwich business raises donations for Sue Ryder charity
A Norwich-based construction company has been helping the Sue Ryder charity collect donations in time for the Christmas rush.
Staff at Morgan Sindall, based on Thorpe Road, have made festive donations and showed their support to the charity by collecting goods as part of Donate Day.
Gavin Napper, area director of Morgan Sindall, said: 'We are delighted to support the work of Sue Ryder in this way. We are committed to getting involved in the local communities where we work which is why we decided to host Donate Day throughout our offices in the region.'
The charitable initiative involved staff each donating one item with a minimum value of �5 in a bid to boost charity stocks in Norwich in the lead up to Christmas.
Mr Napper said: 'Sue Ryder provides a critical service for thousands of people with end of life and long-term needs and great support to individuals and families at an incredibly difficult time. We hope our donations will provide a boost to our local Sue Ryder shops in the run-up to Christmas.'
You may also want to watch:
Dawne Hart, area fundraising manager at Sue Ryder, said: 'We are thrilled that Morgan Sindall has chosen to fundraise for us. The funds raised through the sale of this collection will go directly to help the people we care for.'
? For further information contact Sue Ryder on 01473 295205 or visit www.sueryder.org
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 3 Queues and pump closures continue across city
- 4 Police called as Horsford tree-hacker strikes again
- 5 Norwich nostalgia: Visit Eaton Park in the 1990s
- 6 'Goth' mum heckled in street hits back at haters
- 7 Winners of the Eat Out Norwich Awards 2021 announced
- 8 Cob yobs launch crops at homes in bizarre attack
- 9 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 10 Three cars smash into wall at petrol station as bosses take action