Norwich business raises donations for Sue Ryder charity
A Norwich-based construction company has been helping the Sue Ryder charity collect donations in time for the Christmas rush.
Staff at Morgan Sindall, based on Thorpe Road, have made festive donations and showed their support to the charity by collecting goods as part of Donate Day.
Gavin Napper, area director of Morgan Sindall, said: 'We are delighted to support the work of Sue Ryder in this way. We are committed to getting involved in the local communities where we work which is why we decided to host Donate Day throughout our offices in the region.'
The charitable initiative involved staff each donating one item with a minimum value of �5 in a bid to boost charity stocks in Norwich in the lead up to Christmas.
Mr Napper said: 'Sue Ryder provides a critical service for thousands of people with end of life and long-term needs and great support to individuals and families at an incredibly difficult time. We hope our donations will provide a boost to our local Sue Ryder shops in the run-up to Christmas.'
You may also want to watch:
Dawne Hart, area fundraising manager at Sue Ryder, said: 'We are thrilled that Morgan Sindall has chosen to fundraise for us. The funds raised through the sale of this collection will go directly to help the people we care for.'
? For further information contact Sue Ryder on 01473 295205 or visit www.sueryder.org
- 1 Green light for more than 250 homes on edge of Norwich
- 2 Road closed after police incident in Norwich
- 3 Five teenagers arrested after boy stabbed in Norwich
- 4 Concern for man who has gone missing
- 5 Teenager in hospital after being stabbed in group attack
- 6 Comedy in the Park and Britannia Pier shows among confirmed 2021 events
- 7 Award-winning Norwich doctor - 'racism made me change my name'
- 8 Bar for sale after businessman scraps reopening project
- 9 Plans for 130 homes and GP surgery backed, despite 'predatory' claim
- 10 Man's body discovered near A47 flyover on edge of Norwich