Norwich business raises donations for Sue Ryder charity
A Norwich-based construction company has been helping the Sue Ryder charity collect donations in time for the Christmas rush.
Staff at Morgan Sindall, based on Thorpe Road, have made festive donations and showed their support to the charity by collecting goods as part of Donate Day.
Gavin Napper, area director of Morgan Sindall, said: 'We are delighted to support the work of Sue Ryder in this way. We are committed to getting involved in the local communities where we work which is why we decided to host Donate Day throughout our offices in the region.'
The charitable initiative involved staff each donating one item with a minimum value of �5 in a bid to boost charity stocks in Norwich in the lead up to Christmas.
Mr Napper said: 'Sue Ryder provides a critical service for thousands of people with end of life and long-term needs and great support to individuals and families at an incredibly difficult time. We hope our donations will provide a boost to our local Sue Ryder shops in the run-up to Christmas.'
Dawne Hart, area fundraising manager at Sue Ryder, said: 'We are thrilled that Morgan Sindall has chosen to fundraise for us. The funds raised through the sale of this collection will go directly to help the people we care for.'
? For further information contact Sue Ryder on 01473 295205 or visit www.sueryder.org
- 1 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 2 £3.1m roadworks on new bus lane and crossings could last for ONE YEAR
- 3 Restaurant owner 'excited' as Norwich street is permanently pedestrianised
- 4 Busy road to partially close for line repainting at end of new bus lane
- 5 From mustard to postcodes: 15 things Norwich has given the world
- 6 Seven-bed Edwardian home with heated swimming pool for sale
- 7 Could ANOTHER McDonald's be coming to Norwich?
- 8 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 9 See inside this Tudor townhouse for sale for £325,000
- 10 Jailed in Norfolk: Flytippers and paedophiles