Norwich business raises donations for Sue Ryder charity
A Norwich-based construction company has been helping the Sue Ryder charity collect donations in time for the Christmas rush.
Staff at Morgan Sindall, based on Thorpe Road, have made festive donations and showed their support to the charity by collecting goods as part of Donate Day.
Gavin Napper, area director of Morgan Sindall, said: 'We are delighted to support the work of Sue Ryder in this way. We are committed to getting involved in the local communities where we work which is why we decided to host Donate Day throughout our offices in the region.'
The charitable initiative involved staff each donating one item with a minimum value of �5 in a bid to boost charity stocks in Norwich in the lead up to Christmas.
Mr Napper said: 'Sue Ryder provides a critical service for thousands of people with end of life and long-term needs and great support to individuals and families at an incredibly difficult time. We hope our donations will provide a boost to our local Sue Ryder shops in the run-up to Christmas.'
You may also want to watch:
Dawne Hart, area fundraising manager at Sue Ryder, said: 'We are thrilled that Morgan Sindall has chosen to fundraise for us. The funds raised through the sale of this collection will go directly to help the people we care for.'
? For further information contact Sue Ryder on 01473 295205 or visit www.sueryder.org
- 1 Reaction to plans for new Norwich Block entertainment venue
- 2 New 170-place school likely to get go-ahead
- 3 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
- 4 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 5 Costa Coffee to close Norwich high street cafe
- 6 Nut allergy fears spark battle for 'landmark' walnut tree
- 7 Tributes pour in for 'much loved lady' after body found
- 8 Pupils demand cycle lane as NDR sends 1200 cars their way during rush hour
- 9 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 10 Landlord pays tenants £980 following battle with 'extreme mould and damp'