Norwich business dresses up to raise money for local charity
Staff at a Norwich financial advisors raised almost �300 for charity by holding a 'D for Donation Day'.
Smith and Pinching, independent financial advisers, asset managers and insurance brokers, based on Aylsham Road allowed its staff of just over 100 to either dress up, dress down or wear a wig for �2 per person.
Employees were encouraged to purchase cakes, buy raffle tickets, put their loose change in collecting tubs and join in a company quiz all to help Break, the local charity that provides support for vulnerable children, adults and families.
Marketing manager Teresa Henderson said last Friday's charity day was a big success, saying: 'Smith and Pinching are keen to work with local charities to help make a real difference.
'Our staff are heavily involved in the Company's fundraising efforts with many volunteering to bake cakes and sausage rolls, organise tombolas and enjoy any excuse to dress up or down.
You may also want to watch:
'We had a 'how well do you know your colleagues' quiz, which was a bit of fun, and the cakes and sausage rolls raised about �70 as one of our members of staff makes an exceptional sausage roll.'
There are still a few tickets left for The Smith and Pinching Charitable Trust May Ball at Sprowston Manor on Saturday, May 21.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 3 'Accidents waiting to happen' - Mum vows not to give up 20mph fight
- 4 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 5 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 6 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 7 Former village pub for sale as home
- 8 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 9 Opposition grows over charges to park in Norwich parks
- 10 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
Tickets for the black tie event are �75 but Friday of this week is the last day tickets will be available. Email email@example.com to find out more.