Norwich business dresses up to raise money for local charity
Staff at a Norwich financial advisors raised almost �300 for charity by holding a 'D for Donation Day'.
Smith and Pinching, independent financial advisers, asset managers and insurance brokers, based on Aylsham Road allowed its staff of just over 100 to either dress up, dress down or wear a wig for �2 per person.
Employees were encouraged to purchase cakes, buy raffle tickets, put their loose change in collecting tubs and join in a company quiz all to help Break, the local charity that provides support for vulnerable children, adults and families.
Marketing manager Teresa Henderson said last Friday's charity day was a big success, saying: 'Smith and Pinching are keen to work with local charities to help make a real difference.
'Our staff are heavily involved in the Company's fundraising efforts with many volunteering to bake cakes and sausage rolls, organise tombolas and enjoy any excuse to dress up or down.
You may also want to watch:
'We had a 'how well do you know your colleagues' quiz, which was a bit of fun, and the cakes and sausage rolls raised about �70 as one of our members of staff makes an exceptional sausage roll.'
There are still a few tickets left for The Smith and Pinching Charitable Trust May Ball at Sprowston Manor on Saturday, May 21.
- 1 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 2 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 3 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 4 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 5 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
- 6 Childhood friends unite to launch barbershop together
- 7 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 8 Scam account tries to tempt Primark shoppers with fake giveaway
- 9 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 10 Pub relying on British public's resolve ahead of reopening outside space
Tickets for the black tie event are �75 but Friday of this week is the last day tickets will be available. Email email@example.com to find out more.