Norwich business dresses up to raise money for local charity
Staff at a Norwich financial advisors raised almost �300 for charity by holding a 'D for Donation Day'.
Smith and Pinching, independent financial advisers, asset managers and insurance brokers, based on Aylsham Road allowed its staff of just over 100 to either dress up, dress down or wear a wig for �2 per person.
Employees were encouraged to purchase cakes, buy raffle tickets, put their loose change in collecting tubs and join in a company quiz all to help Break, the local charity that provides support for vulnerable children, adults and families.
Marketing manager Teresa Henderson said last Friday's charity day was a big success, saying: 'Smith and Pinching are keen to work with local charities to help make a real difference.
'Our staff are heavily involved in the Company's fundraising efforts with many volunteering to bake cakes and sausage rolls, organise tombolas and enjoy any excuse to dress up or down.
You may also want to watch:
'We had a 'how well do you know your colleagues' quiz, which was a bit of fun, and the cakes and sausage rolls raised about �70 as one of our members of staff makes an exceptional sausage roll.'
There are still a few tickets left for The Smith and Pinching Charitable Trust May Ball at Sprowston Manor on Saturday, May 21.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 4 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
Tickets for the black tie event are �75 but Friday of this week is the last day tickets will be available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.