Norwich Brownies troop thanked by Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
A Norwich Brownie troop have received individual letters of thanks from the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge for the congratulatory cards they sent them for the Royal Wedding.
As part of Girlguiding's Royal Wedding challenge, 4th Old Catton Brownies made and sent wedding cards to Prince William and his bride Kate Middleton.
Each of the Brownies that sent a card – between the ages of seven and 10 – has now received a personal letter from the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge thanking them for their cards.
The letter, written by one of the St James' Palace aides on behalf of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, is headed with each girl's name and reads: 'The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have asked me to thank you for your lovely hand-made card. It really is so wonderful and unique.
'I do hope you enjoyed watching the wedding, it was a very special day.
'Their Royal Highnesses have been overwhelmed by the incredibly kind messages they have received in connection with their wedding and were immensely impressed that you should take the trouble to make such a splendid card.
'This was greatly appreciated by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, who have asked me to send you their warmest thanks and best wishes.'
- 1 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 2 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 3 Restaurant with 'interactive dining experience' to open in Norwich
- 4 Country pub announces closure due to rising costs
- 5 'We just want to hold our son' - Plea for help to bring miracle baby home
- 6 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
- 7 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 8 Man, 67, arrested on suspicion of arson after city flat fire
- 9 Four restaurants in Norwich nominated for national awards
- 10 New music festival with street food to take place in city centre park
To gain their badges the girls also made plastic bag wedding dresses and decorated hair slides before having a wedding party with the Brownies' mums to enjoy buns and non-alcoholic cocktails.
Unit leader of the 4th Old Catton Brownies, Liz Steward, gave the girls their letters at their weekly meeting and said they came as a great surprise.
'We told the girls we had something special for them,' she added, 'and they were really pleased when we presented them with their letters.
'The parents were really pleased as well because it is something nice for the girls to keep to remind them of the Royal Wedding.'
Have you got a story for Local Life? Call editor David Freezer on 01603 772418 or email firstname.lastname@example.org