Underground cable fault left hundreds without power
- Credit: Simon Parkin
A fault with an underground cable left hundreds of homes and businesses without power.
UK Power Networks said about 300 homes and businesses on the outskirts of Norwich and in Broadland villages had been affected by the power losses which were reported at shortly after 6pm on Monday.
Households experienced power cuts in parts of Postwick, Blofield, Lingwood, Rackheath, Salhouse and South Walsham. The affected postcodes included NR10, NR12 and NR13.
Engineers worked to reconnect supplies and almost all homes saw power restored by 9.45pm.
In an update to customers UK Power Networks said: “Thank you for your patience while our engineers diverted power around the underground cable fault in the Norwich NR13 area, we've now restored power to most of the affected properties.
You may also want to watch:
"There are now only three properties without power, who we'll speak to directly.”
- Keep up to date at UK Power Networks map
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 4 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 5 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 6 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 7 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 9 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 10 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop