Underground cable fault left hundreds without power
- Credit: Simon Parkin
A fault with an underground cable left hundreds of homes and businesses without power.
UK Power Networks said about 300 homes and businesses on the outskirts of Norwich and in Broadland villages had been affected by the power losses which were reported at shortly after 6pm on Monday.
Households experienced power cuts in parts of Postwick, Blofield, Lingwood, Rackheath, Salhouse and South Walsham. The affected postcodes included NR10, NR12 and NR13.
Engineers worked to reconnect supplies and almost all homes saw power restored by 9.45pm.
In an update to customers UK Power Networks said: “Thank you for your patience while our engineers diverted power around the underground cable fault in the Norwich NR13 area, we've now restored power to most of the affected properties.
You may also want to watch:
"There are now only three properties without power, who we'll speak to directly.”
- Keep up to date at UK Power Networks map
- 1 Emma Thompson and Daryl McCormack arrive in Norwich for filming
- 2 A small gesture that shows why Norwich City are a class apart
- 3 Family tribute to caring and loving Norwich man who was 'one of a kind'
- 4 Seven peaceful spots in Norwich to meet your bubble
- 5 Flagship Debenhams building goes up for sale or rent
- 6 Owner of Norwich crazy golf course retires leaving 'wonderful legacy'
- 7 Plea for a solution after raw sewage floods family's garden
- 8 Revealed: Mammoth and T-Rex feature in next GoGo trails
- 9 How knitting army of teddy bears helped Ruth, 92, in lockdown
- 10 Furloughed pilot starts his own rum business