Norwich boy’s winning Christmas card design
A 12-year-old Norwich boy's winning design for a Christmas card will be the image on Chapelfield shopping centre's festive gift vouchers and will also be used by the Arlington Hotel Group.
The Evening News, Chapelfield, and the George Hotel, in Newmarket Road, Norwich, which is owned by the Arlington group of hotels, teamed up for the competition won by Fred Garratt-Stanley, from Northumberland Street, off Dereham Road.
The Hewett School pupil received a �750 Chapelfield gift card, which can be spent in any of the centre's shops, cafes and restaurants, plus a festive meal for 10 at one of the Arlington group of hotels.
He said: 'I don't know why I designed it the way I did. I was thinking about things to do with Christmas and I thought if I had three colours I could swap them around a bit.
'I have already spent some of the �750 on clothes and CDs, but I will give some to my family.'
You may also want to watch:
Entries were judged by Arlington sales and marketing director Julie Ashworth, who said Fred's design was 'clear, simple and effective', Chapelfield's general manager Davina Tanner and Evening News Editor Tim Williams.
Miss Tanner said: 'We hope that our customers will choose Fred's Christmas design when they are buying Chapelfield gift cards for their friends and family. The cards will be printed and ready for early December.'
- 1 Road to close for three nights for £100,000 work
- 2 Student and partner woke to see burglar at end of bed
- 3 Builder wants zero affordable homes in development – after promising 13
- 4 Big Issue seller on how lockdown pushed him closer to homelessness
- 5 Road closed after police incident in Norwich
- 6 N&N staff first in UK to use pioneering Covid saliva tests
- 7 Road closures as police dealt with concerns over people's safety
- 8 Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person
- 9 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 10 Comedy in the Park and Britannia Pier shows among confirmed 2021 events
The Arlington group of hotels also owns Hotel Wroxham, the George at Swaffham, Scarborough Hill at North Walsham and Heath Court Hotel in Newmarket.
Anyone who would like to see the competition entries can visit Chapelfield, where they will be displayed from December 6.
Do you have a story for the Evening News? Call reporter David Bale on 01603 772427 or email email@example.com