Norwich boy’s winning Christmas card design
A 12-year-old Norwich boy's winning design for a Christmas card will be the image on Chapelfield shopping centre's festive gift vouchers and will also be used by the Arlington Hotel Group.
The Evening News, Chapelfield, and the George Hotel, in Newmarket Road, Norwich, which is owned by the Arlington group of hotels, teamed up for the competition won by Fred Garratt-Stanley, from Northumberland Street, off Dereham Road.
The Hewett School pupil received a �750 Chapelfield gift card, which can be spent in any of the centre's shops, cafes and restaurants, plus a festive meal for 10 at one of the Arlington group of hotels.
He said: 'I don't know why I designed it the way I did. I was thinking about things to do with Christmas and I thought if I had three colours I could swap them around a bit.
'I have already spent some of the �750 on clothes and CDs, but I will give some to my family.'
Entries were judged by Arlington sales and marketing director Julie Ashworth, who said Fred's design was 'clear, simple and effective', Chapelfield's general manager Davina Tanner and Evening News Editor Tim Williams.
Miss Tanner said: 'We hope that our customers will choose Fred's Christmas design when they are buying Chapelfield gift cards for their friends and family. The cards will be printed and ready for early December.'
- 1 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 2 City pub 'full of life again' after busy opening weekend
- 3 See inside this £1.15m Bridgerton-style city centre period property
- 4 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 5 Waiting game over fate of housing bid for former school playing field
- 6 Reunion for workers from the historic city factory still going strong
- 7 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 8 Hidden city garden opening with live music and plant sale
- 9 Roadworks slammed a 'complete mess' as another cycle lane is closed
- 10 'Killer weeds infesting river are threat to life', warns boat boss
The Arlington group of hotels also owns Hotel Wroxham, the George at Swaffham, Scarborough Hill at North Walsham and Heath Court Hotel in Newmarket.
Anyone who would like to see the competition entries can visit Chapelfield, where they will be displayed from December 6.
Do you have a story for the Evening News? Call reporter David Bale on 01603 772427 or email email@example.com