Norwich boy’s winning Christmas card design
A 12-year-old Norwich boy's winning design for a Christmas card will be the image on Chapelfield shopping centre's festive gift vouchers and will also be used by the Arlington Hotel Group.
The Evening News, Chapelfield, and the George Hotel, in Newmarket Road, Norwich, which is owned by the Arlington group of hotels, teamed up for the competition won by Fred Garratt-Stanley, from Northumberland Street, off Dereham Road.
The Hewett School pupil received a �750 Chapelfield gift card, which can be spent in any of the centre's shops, cafes and restaurants, plus a festive meal for 10 at one of the Arlington group of hotels.
He said: 'I don't know why I designed it the way I did. I was thinking about things to do with Christmas and I thought if I had three colours I could swap them around a bit.
'I have already spent some of the �750 on clothes and CDs, but I will give some to my family.'
You may also want to watch:
Entries were judged by Arlington sales and marketing director Julie Ashworth, who said Fred's design was 'clear, simple and effective', Chapelfield's general manager Davina Tanner and Evening News Editor Tim Williams.
Miss Tanner said: 'We hope that our customers will choose Fred's Christmas design when they are buying Chapelfield gift cards for their friends and family. The cards will be printed and ready for early December.'
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 3 Police called as Horsford tree-hacker strikes again
- 4 Queues and pump closures continue across city
- 5 Norwich nostalgia: Visit Eaton Park in the 1990s
- 6 Winners of the Eat Out Norwich Awards 2021 announced
- 7 'Goth' mum heckled in street hits back at haters
- 8 Cob yobs launch crops at homes in bizarre attack
- 9 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 10 Three cars smash into wall at petrol station as bosses take action
The Arlington group of hotels also owns Hotel Wroxham, the George at Swaffham, Scarborough Hill at North Walsham and Heath Court Hotel in Newmarket.
Anyone who would like to see the competition entries can visit Chapelfield, where they will be displayed from December 6.
Do you have a story for the Evening News? Call reporter David Bale on 01603 772427 or email firstname.lastname@example.org