Norwich-born songwriter Alexander Carson to launch city centre bar’s first music night
- Credit: Alex Kozobolis
Norwich-born neo-classical, folk composer and songwriter Alexander Carson is set to perform at a city centre bar's first ever music night.
The event will take place on September 20 at the Bowling House, a cocktail bar and restaurant in Norwich with karaoke and bowling, and will be the first gig at this venue.
Currently based in London, Carson has spent the better part of seven years as the lead singer and songwriter for genre-fluid quintet Wooden Arms - a contemporary band from the UK who draw from trip-hop, classical, and alternative music.
Since then, he has taken a break and been working behind the scenes with artists like Moses Sumney, EX:RE and Jamie T to help hone in on his solo sound.
Since figuring this out, Alexander Carson released his debut album, Ellipsism, on April 12 of this year via Round Table Records.
You may also want to watch:
Ellipsism is described as 'drawing from the overall feeling that we're all going to die but that's kind of okay when you really think about it. Ellipsism addresses this point: To love fully and madly you have to understand loss, both fully, and most definitely madly. Because this too shall pass. But with this understanding comes a sense of clarity, hope and optimism - love endures death, for better or for worse'.
The album is inspired in part by Baudelaire's La Fleur du Mal (The Flowers of Evil) and his regular hospital visits to see his loved ones in various states of distress.
- Ellipsism is available to buy for £8 on CD or £10 on 12" vinyl from Alexander Carson's website
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 3 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 7 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 8 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 9 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 10 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- The album is also available to stream on all digital platforms
- Tickets to his show on September 20 are available for £6.98 from Eventbrite