Norwich bookshop named one of Britain's best
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A Norwich bookshop has been named as one of the 10 best independent bookshops in Britain.
Publisher Louise Boland named Bookbugs and Dragon Tales, run by Leanne and Dan Fridd, in a Top 10 she wrote for The Guardian newspaper to mark Independent Bookshop Week.
She wrote of the Timber Hill shop: "The wonderfully named children’s bookshop opened in 2019 but is already an essential community hub.
"When able to, it runs a full and very popular schedule of children’s activities such as Little Dragons Drama Class, Babybugs Bounce & Rhyme, Storytime and Baby Signing, but there are classes for adults too – mindfulness and creative writing as well as art classes, book clubs and craft workshops.
"It also has a cafe with a great selection of cakes, and the walls are decorated with murals painted and designed by local and visiting artists and illustrators."
Last year, the shop produced a video celebrating Timber Hill to mark its reopening after coronavirus lockdown.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 4 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 5 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 6 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 7 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 8 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 9 City bursts into life for Norwich Pride 2021
- 10 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich