6 of the best roast dinners in Norwich
- Credit: Louisa Baldwin
The nights are drawing in and roast dinners are on the menu. Here are six of the best Sunday lunches on offer at Norwich pubs and restaurants.
1. The Sir Garnet, Market Place
Expect traditional offerings including roast turkey and lamb, but it's the extra dash of flare like truffled cauliflower cheese and the choice of vegan sausages that sets The Sir Garnet apart from the crowd when it comes to Sunday lunch.
One TripAdvisor reviewer said "A lovely family roast with generous portions and friendly staff."
Call 01603615892 to book a table.
You may also want to watch:
2. The Georgian Townhouse, Unthank Road
Describing itself as "a hidden city oasis", The Georgian Townhouse is the pefect place to make a Sunday lunch getaway.
- 1 New pasta and cocktail bar to open in Norwich
- 2 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 3 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 4 Norwich restaurants and pubs reopening in April
- 5 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 6 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 7 'Spoiled the enjoyment' - Park bench damaged as engraving cut off
- 8 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 9 £153m Western Link road delayed a third time
- 10 Mum sets up sideline selling jewellery made from breast milk
With menu options of roast beef, chicken, pork and a nut roast there's something for everyone.
Call 01603615655 to book a table.
3. Temple Bar, Unthank Road
Praised by one recent TripAdvisor reviewer as the "best Sunday lunch in Norwich", Temple Bar is a crowd-pleaser with generous portions of traditional roast dinner fare.
There is even a popular vegan roast dinner option if you love everything about Sunday lunch apart from the large helpings of meat.
Call 01603 624803 to book a table.
4. Warwick Street Social, Warwick Street
A sumptuous menu including a choice between roast Swannington striploin beef, cornfed chicken, leg of lamb, and quinoa, butternut squash and carrot loaf puts Warwich Street Social on the map when it comes to Sunday lunch.
"Sunday roast is delicious," said one TripAdvisor reviewer.
Call 01603 627687 to book a table.
5. The Wig and Pen, St Martins Palace Plain
A traditional Sunday roast in a traditional local pub.
One TripAdvisor reviewer said "Excellent quality roast served with lovely veg and gravy. Can't fault at all."
Call 01603 625891 to book a table.
6. The Eagle, Newmarket Road
A warm welcome and traditional Sunday roast with all the trimmings awaits at The Eagle.
Choose between beef, pork, chicken or a nut roast, with children's portions available for a smaller price.
Call 01603 624173 to book a table.