6 of the best roast dinners in Norwich
- Credit: Louisa Baldwin
The nights are drawing in and roast dinners are on the menu. Here are six of the best Sunday lunches on offer at Norwich pubs and restaurants.
1. The Sir Garnet, Market Place
Expect traditional offerings including roast turkey and lamb, but it's the extra dash of flare like truffled cauliflower cheese and the choice of vegan sausages that sets The Sir Garnet apart from the crowd when it comes to Sunday lunch.
One TripAdvisor reviewer said "A lovely family roast with generous portions and friendly staff."
Call 01603615892 to book a table.
You may also want to watch:
2. The Georgian Townhouse, Unthank Road
Describing itself as "a hidden city oasis", The Georgian Townhouse is the pefect place to make a Sunday lunch getaway.
- 1 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 2 Landlord fined £6,100 for state of Norwich apartment block
- 3 Tables fill at restaurants and pubs as bar serves 450 on reopening day
- 4 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 5 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 6 Extinction Rebellion protesters arrested for smashing Barclays windows
- 7 Third time lucky for historic pub's reopening
- 8 Vulnerable 15-year-old brought to Norwich from London to deal drugs
- 9 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 10 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
With menu options of roast beef, chicken, pork and a nut roast there's something for everyone.
Call 01603615655 to book a table.
3. Temple Bar, Unthank Road
Praised by one recent TripAdvisor reviewer as the "best Sunday lunch in Norwich", Temple Bar is a crowd-pleaser with generous portions of traditional roast dinner fare.
There is even a popular vegan roast dinner option if you love everything about Sunday lunch apart from the large helpings of meat.
Call 01603 624803 to book a table.
4. Warwick Street Social, Warwick Street
A sumptuous menu including a choice between roast Swannington striploin beef, cornfed chicken, leg of lamb, and quinoa, butternut squash and carrot loaf puts Warwich Street Social on the map when it comes to Sunday lunch.
"Sunday roast is delicious," said one TripAdvisor reviewer.
Call 01603 627687 to book a table.
5. The Wig and Pen, St Martins Palace Plain
A traditional Sunday roast in a traditional local pub.
One TripAdvisor reviewer said "Excellent quality roast served with lovely veg and gravy. Can't fault at all."
Call 01603 625891 to book a table.
6. The Eagle, Newmarket Road
A warm welcome and traditional Sunday roast with all the trimmings awaits at The Eagle.
Choose between beef, pork, chicken or a nut roast, with children's portions available for a smaller price.
Call 01603 624173 to book a table.