Norwich Beer Festival gives end-of-life unit funding boost
A Norwich end-of-life unit is to receive a donation from the city's beer festival after being selected as the beneficiary of this year's event.
The festival, which kicks off today, is organised by Norwich and Norfolk Campaign for Real Ale and this year will be supporting Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust's Priscilla Bacon Lodge.
The 34th Norwich Beer Festival takes place this week at St Andrew's Hall and Blackfriars Hall, with the last day on Saturday.
People who attend the festival will be asked to buy tokens which can be redeemed against the beers available at the show.
People who do not use all of their tokens can choose to exchange them back to their original cash value or place them in a donation box, which will see their equivalent value given to Priscilla Bacon Lodge.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be collection buckets and staff from the trust will also be on hand to speak to people about the services provided at the lodge.
Warren Wordsworth, secretary of Norwich and Norfolk Camra, said: 'We decided to support Priscilla Bacon Lodge this year as we like to support local organisations which make a difference to their communities.
- 1 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 2 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 5 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 6 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 7 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 10 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
' We have some great contributors again this year so I'm sure the event will be a great success.
'We select a different organisation to support each year and people attending the event are always very generous with their donations, so I hope people will continue to dig deep and show their support.'
Priscilla Bacon Lodge in Unthank Road, Norwich, provides specialist palliative care, advice and support for people with life-limiting illnesses.
Christine Hawkins, of Priscilla Bacon Lodge, said: 'We are delighted to receive this support from the Norwich Beer Festival.'
Do you have a story for the Evening News? Contact Evening News reporter Kim Briscoe on 01603 772419 or email firstname.lastname@example.org