Twirling success for Norwich troupe
- Credit: Ann Cullum
A company of baton twirlers have reached the dizzying heights of national success.
The Angel Baton Twirlers, who train in Sprowston, have gained a further three National Champions at the K2 Leisure Centre in Crawley last weekend.
Rising star four-year-old Chelsea White was crowned national champion in micro-tot's basic strut and pom strut.
Fellow twirlers Chloe Howard, 19, and Ruby Huckle, 14, also became national champions in the senior duo section.
Around 250 athletes from around the UK competed over the two-day twirling event.
Angel Jessica Ellis won two pre-beginner titles.
The Angels have also been selected to represent England as a senior team, and will compete at the European Cup in Spain later this summer.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 3 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 4 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
- 5 'Barcelona-style' redevelopment of Next store mooted
- 6 5 affordable homes for first-time buyers currently for sale in Norwich
- 7 9 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Norwich
- 8 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 9 We built this city: Meet the firm behind some of Norwich's famous landmarks
- 10 High-end boutique reopens in its former shop
The Angels have members from age four up to senior athletes of all abilities.
"It's an exciting sport," club leader Ann Cullum said. "It's a fun spin of gymnastics and precision skill."
Anyone interested in taking part in the sport can contact Ann on 07884408414.