Norwich bar bids to open rooftop terrace
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
A Norwich bar and restaurant is bidding to open a rooftop terrace.
Gonzo's Tea Room, on London Street, submitted the plans to Norwich City Council in August and the application was finally validated this week.
The venue, which describes itself as 'the best little, award winning, burger spot, bar, cocktail lounge, coffee shop, dog friendly, nightclub, general chill out zone and pub in Norwich' wants to transform its vacant roof space into a terrace bar.
The council has not yet made a decision on the application.
The bar opened in 2014 after the closure of the popular Kartel on the same premises.
You may also want to watch:
During its time trading, Kartel was home to a roof terrace and hosted monthly 'rooftop raves' which saw some of the biggest DJs in the region bring Shoreditch style garden parties to the heart of Norwich.
Gonzo's has since become a popular venue in the city and taken part in Cocktail Week.
- 1 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 2 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 5 Pensioner can't leave home because of 'obstacle course' outside
- 6 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 7 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 'Amazing' teen denied urgent mental health referral weeks before death
- 10 Can you spot yourself at Let's Rock Norwich?