Norwich bands perform for Norfolk charity
Two Norwich bands and a local DJ are collaborating to raise funds for bereaved Norfolk children with a Christmas concert this Saturday.
The event is being held at the Hog in Armour pub on Charing Cross in Norwich for child bereavement charity Nelson's Journey.
Rock and pop covers act Tattoo'd Cow, lounge-swing quartet The Ferries and DJ HumpleSkillSpin will all take to the stage between 7.30pm and midnight.
Kit Cecconi is the co-organiser of the event, as well as guitarist and keyboard player with both bands. He has been involved with Nelson's Journey for the past seven years.
He said: 'Nelson's Journey is an invaluable service for Norfolk children who are bereaved of a parent, sibling or any significant other.
'The support of their staff and volunteers provides a huge self-esteem boost to hundreds of local children, helping them to make sense of their grief and find light at the end of a tunnel.
'We hope to raise more than �500 for the charity through this event.'
- 1 'Grossly overpopulated': Fears over new 725 homes plan for city
- 2 New homes plan on woodland will cause 'irreversible' damage, locals warn
- 3 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 4 Barbecue takeaway finally reopens after 'pile of issues' with building
- 5 'I caught the dreaded Covid' says music legend after cancelled city gig
- 6 Christmas train with tunnel of lights running at Norwich park
- 7 Why Heartsease is now city's sought-after suburb
- 8 No arrests made after brutal attack which left girls with 'mental scars'
- 9 See inside this Grade II listed cottage with 2-bed annexe near Norwich
- 10 Festive vintage bus offering free rides around Norwich this Christmas
Nicki Gibson, marketing and fundraising officer for Nelson's Journey, added: 'We are very grateful to Tattoo'd Cow, The Ferries and DJ HumpleSkillSpin for their support and dedication in raising funds for our charity, the event looks to be a great night of entertainment and we hope that the night is a sell out, we wish them every success.'
Tickets are priced at �5 per head and can be booked in advance, from www.xmasfundraiser.eventsbot.com
More details about the event can be found by searching for the 'Tattoo'd Cow and The Ferries Christmas Fundraiser' on Facebook.
Are you organising a charity event? Contact reporter David Freezer on 01603 772418 or firstname.lastname@example.org