Norwich band perform on Come Dine With Me
A Norwich band got the chance to perform in front of millions of people when they made a surprise appearance on a popular TV show.
Rock and funk band Mister Pink were last week seen on Channel Four programme Come Dine With Me.
As part of the show, contestant Paul Emery, the band's former drummer, led his dinner guests to his garden where the three-piece band were playing. Mr Emery, a sales director, then took up his drumsticks and joined the band on the drums.
The show saw the band, who mainly perform local gigs around East Anglia, screened to 1.6m viewers nationwide.
Simon 'Pink', as he is known, 41, who lives in Eaton, said: 'It was a long day, but brilliant fun.
You may also want to watch:
'I've not done any music on TV before so I was a little apprehensive, but for a little band from Norwich we did well to get in front of 1.6m viewers.'
Mr Emery, who left the band six months ago, entertained his Come Dine With Me guests at his house in Lowestoft.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 3 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 4 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 5 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
The show saw him battle it out against UFO-spotting veggie Jo Jo Smith, agony aunt Janet Gershlick and department store owner Jim Godfrey.
The band Mister Pink has been going for five years and sees lead singer and guitarist Simon, bassist Jason, 28, and current drummer Jason, 18, all go under the surname Pink.
All three members are from the Norwich and Brundall area.
They performed at the Brickmakers pub on Friday and in Loddon on Saturday.
They will be in Norwich again on Friday, January 28 to play at the King Edward VII pub in Aylsham Road.
Come Dine With Me sees a group of strangers compete for the title of ultimate dinner party host with �1,000 up for grabs.
For the latest music and entertainment news read Going Out in Friday's Evening News or visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk/goingout.
Are you appearing on television? Call reporter Kate Scotter on 01603 772326 or email email@example.com