Norwich band HOOK release brand new single
- Credit: John Rawstron
Norwich-based band HOOK have released a brand new single.
Titled Reality Check, the track was recorded at local recording studio Blaze Studios and to date has had 340 radio plays - in countries such as USA, France, Germany, Ireland.
“Both Rob and Marc Hook worked out the structure of the song and the guitar/bass track between them. I then added the keyboard and drum tracks,” explains keyboardist John Hook.
Not only have HOOK released their brand new single, they have another single in the pipeline to be released in the next few months along with a video produced by Richard Rix. All whilst the three-piece have been working on their first album.
“At present we are recording our first album at Blaze studios [based in Caister-On-Sea] - all of the songs will be originals written by us.”
You may also want to watch:
“We made the decision to only record and perform original material as we didn’t want to be labelled as a covers band - there are quite a few out there and some excellent bands at what they do.”
“We have had lots of support from famous musicians such as Manny Charlton, from the legendary 70s rock band Nazareth, 80s chart band The Korgies and John Rossall, songwriter and founder of 70s Glamrock band The Glitterband.”
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 6 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 7 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 10 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
Combining rock and electro, HOOK have been a studio band since 2006 when Rob Hook (vocals) and Marc Hook (lead and bass guitar) started songwriting and recording as a hobby.
Having already performed with 70s rock band Electric Storm from 1974 until 1987, John Hook then joined them on keyboard and synthesisers.
- For more local music check out our dedicated page every Thursday in the Eastern Daily Press and Norwich Evening News, our podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts and all other streaming platforms and follow Enjoy Music More on Facebook and Twitter