Norwich baker wins top award for his local pies and pastries
A city bakery has been crowned Norfolk Sourced Locally Supplier of the Year as part of a regional supermarket's commitment to local food and drink.
Pastry Cutters, in Hellesdon, has been awarded the accolade by the East of England Co-operative Society.
The inaugural Supplier of the Year awards aim to celebrate local producers from Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex which provide products for the supermarket's Sourced Locally range.
Pastry Cutters narrowly beat R Tacon and Son farmers, from Rollesby, near Great Yarmouth, in a public vote to be crowned the Norfolk winner. Company director Richard Hadley said he was proud to be part of a growing local industry. He added: 'This is the first win for the business and, having not changed our products for 10 years, it's nice to know we are still doing right by our customers.'
Pastry Cutters supplies the Co-op with cakes, pastries and pies.
Mr Hadley said the link with the supermarket had given his business a real boost, helping it to employ an extra member of staff.
Kevin Warden, the Co-op's local sourcing manager, said: 'We would like to congratulate Pastry Cutters on winning the title in Norfolk.
- 1 City pub 'full of life again' after busy opening weekend
- 2 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 3 Mystery over how grotty sofa ended up on garage roof
- 4 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 5 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 6 Changes on the way for listed pub after plans given green light
- 7 Efforts step up to protect city park from development
- 8 Norfolk cheese restaurant is launching bottomless brunch this summer
- 9 Glimpses of Norwich week 25: a picture a day from a week in our fine city
- 10 Norfolk areas with the most and fewest Covid deaths in 2020 and 2021
'We believe our locally sourced suppliers are worthy of recognition for the excellent produce they provide for our stores and this is our way of saying thank you.'
Has your business won an award? Contact our reporters on 07501 481521 or email email@example.com