Norwich baker wins top award for his local pies and pastries
A city bakery has been crowned Norfolk Sourced Locally Supplier of the Year as part of a regional supermarket's commitment to local food and drink.
Pastry Cutters, in Hellesdon, has been awarded the accolade by the East of England Co-operative Society.
The inaugural Supplier of the Year awards aim to celebrate local producers from Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex which provide products for the supermarket's Sourced Locally range.
Pastry Cutters narrowly beat R Tacon and Son farmers, from Rollesby, near Great Yarmouth, in a public vote to be crowned the Norfolk winner. Company director Richard Hadley said he was proud to be part of a growing local industry. He added: 'This is the first win for the business and, having not changed our products for 10 years, it's nice to know we are still doing right by our customers.'
Pastry Cutters supplies the Co-op with cakes, pastries and pies.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hadley said the link with the supermarket had given his business a real boost, helping it to employ an extra member of staff.
Kevin Warden, the Co-op's local sourcing manager, said: 'We would like to congratulate Pastry Cutters on winning the title in Norfolk.
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 8 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 9 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 10 Power cut hits almost 1,000 homes in Norwich
'We believe our locally sourced suppliers are worthy of recognition for the excellent produce they provide for our stores and this is our way of saying thank you.'
Has your business won an award? Contact our reporters on 07501 481521 or email firstname.lastname@example.org