City author to reveal gardening secrets in new book
- Credit: Ellen Mary
A city gardener has described the publication of her second book as a "dream come true" which she hopes will inspire budding landscapers.
The new work by Ellen Mary, who splits her time between Norwich and North Carolina, is called How to Grow a Garden and will be on the shelves by the end of July.
It comes only a year after Ms Mary, who is also the co-host of The Plant Based Podcast on iTunes, released her first publication, The Joy of Gardening: the everyday zen of mowing the lawn.
The 44-year-old, who has also appeared on the BBC Countryfile Diaries, says she can't stop writing.
The new book provides a "comprehensive yet light" read with tips and ideas for gardeners of all levels.
Ms Mary said: "I’ve always wanted to write a book so for two to be published in two years really is a dream come true.
"When the first book was published I was so nervous, but this time I am just excited.
- 1 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 2 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 3 REVEALED: New leisure venue replacing Riverside Chinese
- 4 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
- 5 Huge chalet bungalow for sale near Norwich offers 'oasis' for £700k
- 6 Dodgy door halts city man's house move by MONTHS
- 7 City garden centre launches street food nights with popular vendors
- 8 New courts, please! Tennis controversy continues in Norwich
- 9 Holidaymakers' fury after two-day flight delay
- 10 Homeless man arrested in city centre to appear at court
"The biggest feeling is that I just hope people enjoy it and they feel inspired to get outside in the garden."