Norwich Arts Centre launch their Get the Toilets Done campaign
- Credit: Liam Clark
Norwich Arts Centre (NAC) have just launched their Get the Toilets Done campaign.
The work is part of the regeneration project to transform the venue's accessibility and carbon footprint which began after they were awarded £499,000 by Arts Council England in October 2018.
The campaign artwork is done by NUA graduate Liam Clark who was recently described in The Guardian as 'Political and funny'. The campaign is a tongue and cheek take on the Brexit slogan with a Boris Johnson sketch asking you to 'unleash the art centre's potential' and donate towards the regeneration campaign.
To coincide with their 40th anniversary in 2020, NAC launched their 40/40 campaign to raise the £40k they needed to receive a £499,000 grant from Arts Council England. Last year they successfully raised £25k which saw the completion of the first phase of their refurbishment during the summer of 2019. Work included installing a new lighting rig and PA in the hall, refurbishing the bar, restoring all of the original parquet flooring and incorporating a pop-up bar and seating area in the foyer.
This year they need to match fund the remaining £15k to ensure that they receive the full grant and can complete the second phase of work which will focus on the toilets.
Plans are to completely refurbish the women's, men's and accessible toilet as well as designing a brand new gender neutral toilet which are due to open in September 2020.
'Our toilets have upset me for the last 6 years now so if we can get them finished off in time for our 40th celebrations that would be amazing! Please help us get there and remember the next time you're in and you spend a penny, donate a pound. It's time to get the toilets done,' says Pasco Kevlin, NAC Director.
- If you want to help NAC reach their target you can donate towards their 40/40 toilet campaign via their website
- For more local music check out our dedicated page every Thursday in the Eastern Daily Press and Norwich Evening News, our podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts and all other streaming platforms and follow Enjoy Music More on Facebook and Twitter
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 2 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 3 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 4 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 7 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 8 Two Norwich shops named among UK's best independent stores
- 9 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 10 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes