This painting by a Norwich artist has been shortlisted for a major art prize
- Credit: Archant
An artist from Norwich has been shortlisted for a major art prize.
Lara Cobden is one of 81 artists to be shortlisted for the Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2019, one of the UK's leading contemporary representational painting and drawing competitions.
The artist, who has been based in Norwich for the past 20 years, has been nominated for her oil painting 'The Winterkeeper's Cabin'.
Seeking to encourage the best representational painting and draftsmanship in the UK, this year, more than 1,191 artists - the highest number in the competition's history - responded to the call for entries in a bid to win the first place prize of £35,000.
Reacting to the news of her nomination Ms Cobden said: 'I am delighted to be shortlisted for the Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize and look forward to seeing my painting on show alongside so many wonderful artists' works.'
You may also want to watch:
Having made the shortlist, Ms Cobden's work will be exhibited at London's Mall Galleries from March 5-17.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 3 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 4 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 5 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
- 10 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home