See 100 miles of Norfolk in big charity cycle
- Credit: Archant
Cyclists looking for a new challenge do not have long to wait with the return of the Norwich 100 bike ride.
The ride will now take place on September 20 afternoon competitive events were given the go ahead to resume by British Cycling.
Cancer charity Big C are to be the beneficiary charity of the race and are calling on supporters to sign up.
The 100-mile ride will start from The Forum in Norwich and head out into the Norfolk countryside to Cley and back.
There is also a 30-mile and 60-mile options which both return through Coltishall to the finish.
You may also want to watch:
Carole Slaughter, head of fundraising at Big C, said, “It is our first outdoor fundraising event since the outbreak of coronavirus and it will be raising all important funds for the charity, especially given that we have missed out on so many opportunities this summer where vital funds would have been raised to help those in our community affected by cancer.
“Many people have rekindled or found a new love for cycling during lockdown and we’d urge all keen cyclists old and new to come and enjoy a wonderful bike ride whilst raising money for a very good cause.”
- 1 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 2 TikTok craze sparks calls to stop sale of beans to under-18s
- 3 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 4 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 5 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 6 Norfolk man jailed for historic child sex abuse offences
- 7 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 8 Norwich man in court over more than 84,000 indecent images
- 9 Norwich man wanted by police
- 10 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
To sign up for the Norwich 100 Bike Ride and raise funds for Big C, please visit fundraise.big-c.co.uk/