Britain’s poshest Christmas train is returning to Norwich
- Credit: Lauren De Boise
Step into Christmas on board Britain’s poshest train, which is returning to Norwich for the festive season and includes a seven-course slap-up meal.
The Northern Belle is back by popular demand and will jingle all the way into Norwich Station on Wednesday, December 16 and depart at 12.30pm.
The luxury locomotive will then embark on a round trip across the countryside, stopping at Ipswich Station at 1.30pm to pick up more passengers, and it will return to Norwich at 5.30pm.
The Northern Belle, once part of the iconic Orient Express group, features 1930s-style Pullman carriages that are named after British castles and stately homes.
There is plush seating and dining tables and guests will be treated to a seven-course festive lunch, including a cheeseboard with biscuits and chutneys, with a bottle of wine per couple.
You may also want to watch:
Guests will also get a welcome champagne reception and a conjuror and musicians will add a touch of Christmas magic.
The number of seats has been reduced in order to comply with social distancing and other coronavirus safety measures include food and drink being served covered, hand sanitiser dispensers in every carriage and disposable menus.
- 1 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 2 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 7 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
- 8 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 9 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 10 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
Guests will need to wear masks at the station and when boarding and moving around the train, though this can be removed while seated.
Carriages will be sanitised prior to travel with a mist fogging machine that touches every surface.
A spokesman for the Northern Belle said: “After all the tribulations of 2020 with the Covid pandemic, this will be a great way to get on track for the festive season.
“It should be a Christmas cracker of a trip and our celebrated chef Matthew Green is planning a really special meal during the five-hour journey.
“There aren’t many restaurants where you can tuck into delicious food while gazing out of the window at an ever-changing landscape.”
Tickets cost £289pp and you can book at northernbelle.co.uk or call 01270 899681.
Guests can change to any other trip or exchange for a gift voucher to redeem on any Northern Belle journey within a 12-month period if it is affected by coronavirus.