Norfolk woman’s double charity challenge for the East Anglian Air Ambulance
A Norfolk woman took fundraising to new heights when she ran a marathon and jumped out of a plane in aid of the region's air ambulance.
Laura Dickeson, from Acle, began her fundraising for the East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA) back in May when she completed the Edinburgh Marathon in just over five hours.
She then celebrated her birthday in August by taking part in a skydive at Beccles Airfield to raise further funds.
Miss Dickeson, who also organised a bingo event to raise money for the charity, said: 'I really appreciate what the East Anglian Air Ambulance does, and I wanted the money I raised to go to a charity that helps to save peoples' lives.'
The 25-year-old has raised �750 for EAAA. The donation will go towards ensuring that the specialist doctor and critical care paramedics who fly aboard the aircraft, can continue to reach those who need emergency medical attention, when and where they need it most.
You may also want to watch:
Amy Greenwood, fundraiser for EAAA, said: 'We have some wonderful fundraisers who support the charity but many choose just to do one of these things to support us.
'To do so much is incredible and we can't thank Laura enough for what she's done to help the charity. We just hope she takes a well-earned rest now.'
- 1 'It feels like Christmas': Shoppers return to city as lockdown lifts
- 2 An ‘Après Ski’ inspired food and drink event is coming to Norwich
- 3 Norwich pub to host Christmas market and Disney breakfast
- 4 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 5 'We've lost £300,000': Bar owner slams £1,000 grant 'insult'
- 6 Police search after reports of camouflaged man 'with weapon' in woods
- 7 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 8 Early start for shoppers as Norfolk comes out of lockdown
- 9 What you can (and can't) do as Norfolk enters Tier 2 restrictions
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine: who will get it, when and how?
To find out more about the work of the East Anglian Air Ambulance visit www.eaaa.org.uk or call 08450 669 999 to talk to someone about volunteering for the charity or about an event you're running to raise money.