Norfolk woman’s double charity challenge for the East Anglian Air Ambulance
A Norfolk woman took fundraising to new heights when she ran a marathon and jumped out of a plane in aid of the region's air ambulance.
Laura Dickeson, from Acle, began her fundraising for the East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA) back in May when she completed the Edinburgh Marathon in just over five hours.
She then celebrated her birthday in August by taking part in a skydive at Beccles Airfield to raise further funds.
Miss Dickeson, who also organised a bingo event to raise money for the charity, said: 'I really appreciate what the East Anglian Air Ambulance does, and I wanted the money I raised to go to a charity that helps to save peoples' lives.'
The 25-year-old has raised �750 for EAAA. The donation will go towards ensuring that the specialist doctor and critical care paramedics who fly aboard the aircraft, can continue to reach those who need emergency medical attention, when and where they need it most.
Amy Greenwood, fundraiser for EAAA, said: 'We have some wonderful fundraisers who support the charity but many choose just to do one of these things to support us.
'To do so much is incredible and we can't thank Laura enough for what she's done to help the charity. We just hope she takes a well-earned rest now.'
- 1 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours
- 2 5 new shop openings in Norwich to look forward to
- 3 Road closures revealed for Lord Mayor's Celebration
- 4 Landlady 'hard at work' as city pub prepares for July reopening
- 5 Can you spot yourself at the Simply Red gig at Earlham Park?
- 6 Police called after sudden death at home near Norwich
- 7 Peter Crouch speaks on bid to track down his 'Norfolk husband'
- 8 Carriageway of A11 closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 9 Blanket ban: Standing room only for Simply Red fans
- 10 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
To find out more about the work of the East Anglian Air Ambulance visit www.eaaa.org.uk or call 08450 669 999 to talk to someone about volunteering for the charity or about an event you're running to raise money.