Norfolk woman gets Chicago scholarship
Sam WilliamsThe managing director of a Norfolk computer software company has won a scholarship to a top US business school in a bid to gain an insight into American markets.Sam Williams
The managing director of a Norfolk computer software company has won a scholarship to a top US business school in a bid to gain an insight into American markets.
Emma Gooderham, 33, of Allies Computing, based at Framingham Pigot, was one of just seven British executives selected for the US marketing scholarship programme at the world-renowned Kellogg School of Management in Illinois.
Billed as the ultimate marketing masterclass, the programme involves five days of intense coursework designed to give UK executives an unrivalled understanding of how to compete in US markets, followed by a week-long attachment to a company.
Allies Computing specialises in postal addressing software which enables customers to quickly and accurately look up addresses, which has been used by local authorities and companies such as pizza delivery firms.
You may also want to watch:
The course, supported by UK Trade and Investment and the British Consulate General in Chicago, begins next month, ahead of the launch of a new global addressing software service by Allies.
Ms Gooderham said: 'It could provide huge growth for us if it takes off the way we think it will, and we will be looking to expand with new premises and more staff.
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 Langleys toy shop building for rent for £45,000 a year
- 3 'Unacceptable': Council hits out at soiled clothing left in public toilets
- 4 CCTV shows man who used stolen bank card at three Norwich stores
- 5 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 6 Men ran over roofs to flee police after Norwich cannabis factory raid
- 7 Campaigners angry as park hedge cut down for tennis court scheme
- 8 Why Norwich must stop Debenhams becoming city centre black hole
- 9 Glass smashed and racist graffiti sprayed onto Norwich house
- 10 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
'The scholarship is ideal and very exciting. I have a strong interest in marketing and this will give me a great insight into US markets.'