Norfolk woman gets Chicago scholarship
Sam WilliamsThe managing director of a Norfolk computer software company has won a scholarship to a top US business school in a bid to gain an insight into American markets.Sam Williams
The managing director of a Norfolk computer software company has won a scholarship to a top US business school in a bid to gain an insight into American markets.
Emma Gooderham, 33, of Allies Computing, based at Framingham Pigot, was one of just seven British executives selected for the US marketing scholarship programme at the world-renowned Kellogg School of Management in Illinois.
Billed as the ultimate marketing masterclass, the programme involves five days of intense coursework designed to give UK executives an unrivalled understanding of how to compete in US markets, followed by a week-long attachment to a company.
Allies Computing specialises in postal addressing software which enables customers to quickly and accurately look up addresses, which has been used by local authorities and companies such as pizza delivery firms.
The course, supported by UK Trade and Investment and the British Consulate General in Chicago, begins next month, ahead of the launch of a new global addressing software service by Allies.
Ms Gooderham said: 'It could provide huge growth for us if it takes off the way we think it will, and we will be looking to expand with new premises and more staff.
- 1 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 2 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 3 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 4 Team behind Golden Triangle pub take on Edith Cavell in Norwich
- 5 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 6 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 7 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 8 Eleventh McDonald's drive-thru could be set for Norwich
- 9 Bread Source confirms location of new store
- 10 Meet the cone ranger battling anti-social parkers at pick-up time
'The scholarship is ideal and very exciting. I have a strong interest in marketing and this will give me a great insight into US markets.'