Norfolk woman gets Chicago scholarship
Sam WilliamsThe managing director of a Norfolk computer software company has won a scholarship to a top US business school in a bid to gain an insight into American markets.Sam Williams
The managing director of a Norfolk computer software company has won a scholarship to a top US business school in a bid to gain an insight into American markets.
Emma Gooderham, 33, of Allies Computing, based at Framingham Pigot, was one of just seven British executives selected for the US marketing scholarship programme at the world-renowned Kellogg School of Management in Illinois.
Billed as the ultimate marketing masterclass, the programme involves five days of intense coursework designed to give UK executives an unrivalled understanding of how to compete in US markets, followed by a week-long attachment to a company.
Allies Computing specialises in postal addressing software which enables customers to quickly and accurately look up addresses, which has been used by local authorities and companies such as pizza delivery firms.
You may also want to watch:
The course, supported by UK Trade and Investment and the British Consulate General in Chicago, begins next month, ahead of the launch of a new global addressing software service by Allies.
Ms Gooderham said: 'It could provide huge growth for us if it takes off the way we think it will, and we will be looking to expand with new premises and more staff.
- 1 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 2 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 3 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 4 Daughters hold dad's hand one last time in emotional hospital goodbye
- 5 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 6 Bakery pushes back Norwich reopening date after daily taking dropped to £26
- 7 Motorcyclist taken to hospital with leg injuries after NDR crash
- 8 Plans for affordable flats for rough sleepers approved despite concerns
- 9 Coronavirus recovery centre never used in first wave to be opened
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
'The scholarship is ideal and very exciting. I have a strong interest in marketing and this will give me a great insight into US markets.'