Norfolk woman finds out how she can wear the latest trends
A cancer scare and operation has made reader Lucy Patterson go up to a size 22, making her feel incapable of wearing the latest trends – cue a Life Matters makeover. By Emma Harrowing.
Whatever size you are it is possible to wear the latest trends. The key, as regular Life Matters readers will know, is to wear clothes in a way that suits you.
For 36-year-old Lucy Patterson, from Thornham Magna, coming into Norwich to shop for clothes is no longer the fun-filled day it used to be.
After having a cancer scare and a subsequent operation on her stomach Lucy has put on weight and has lost her way when it comes to dressing in the latest styles.
'I used to have my finger on the fashion pulse,' says Lucy.
You may also want to watch:
'These days just finding something that fits me can be a challenge.
'My body just makes me want to hide away and disguise it under baggy clothes – I just don't think I can wear the latest looks any more.'
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 5 Norwich bar named among 30 best cocktail spots in UK
- 6 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 7 50,000 home plans go ahead but issues remain
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 Neighbours of award-winning council estate blighted by rubbish and rats
- 10 Car collides with bus near petrol station on Dereham Road
Lucy set up a social enterprise scheme one year ago to assist families with disabled children after working in the care sector for many years.
The scheme puts a carer in a family's home to help ease the burden of care and to enable families to go out together.
Now it is time for Lucy to get the help she needs.
With our style team on hand we treat Lucy to a new look to prove that she can wear this season's fashions.
Lucy wears: Colour block floral maxi dress �99 Jacques Vert, wedge shoes �125 Unisa, bag �59, Jacques Vert and necklace �30, all from Jarrold.
Hair by Regis 01603 628608 and make-up by Clarins in Jarrold.