Norfolk Federation of WIs to mark centenary with a ceremony at Norwich Cathedral
- Credit: Karl Keeley
The Norfolk Federation of WIs is celebrating its centenary with a ceremony at Norwich Cathedral.
Taking place on April 12, the ceremony will be led by The Very Revd of Norwich Cathedral, Jane Hedges and will open with a procession of 86 WI groups and their banners.
The ceremony will also feature addresses from key members of the Norfolk Federation an eclectic mix of readings and a performance from the Centenary Choir.
Margaret Collingwood, the federation chairman said: '[The ceremony] will be a celebration of the federation now and a thanksgiving for all the enterprising members who went before us. We have aimed to make the celebration reflective and joyful.
'It will be quite a sight to see the 86 WIs processing proudly with their banners.
You may also want to watch:
'In addition, WI members like nothing more than dressing up, too, so expect to see plenty of hats,' she said.
The ceremony will take place from 2pm.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 5 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
- 6 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 7 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 8 Teenagers set to be sentenced over stabbing
- 9 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 10 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place