Norfolk weightlifter breaks world record
Rob GarrattA city man who enjoys blowing up hot water bottles until they burst has added another world record to his growing list of his achievements.Rob Garratt
A city man who enjoys blowing up hot water bottles until they burst has added another world record to his growing list of his achievements.
Shaun Jones became the first man to squat lift more than a million pounds in weight after a marathon 24-hour weightlifting session that ended on his 50th birthday.
He will be adding the world record, for the Most Weight Squat lifted In 24 Hours By An Individual, to his other achievements which include another weightlifting record - and a world record for bursting a hot water bottle in just 17 seconds on national TV.
The Hoveton man's latest world record saw him lift 1,011,000 pounds at Norwich's Esporta Health Club Esporta, and ended on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Jones said: 'It was the longest day and night of my life. At one time I was actually lifting when I was asleep on the squat stand.
'There where some times when I thought I would not make it, my legs just went numb and was just lifting by instinct in the end - but I knew I was going to triumph as I had been preparing for the last six years.'
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 5 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 7 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 8 Norfolk to be hit by weekend bus cancellations due to driver shortage
- 9 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 10 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day