Norfolk wedding show offers some tasty treats
From creative cake makers to unique venues, the EDP Wedding Show in Norwich this month is bringing together a whole range of experts to help brides and bridegrooms plan every aspect of their special day.
Organised by the Evening News' sister paper, the event at the Norfolk Showground, near Norwich, is the biggest wedding show in East Anglia. There will be more than 150 exhibitors at the two-day event on February 26 and 27.
Among them will be representatives from Banham Zoo, a venue which aims to offer wedding experiences which include horse-drawn carriages pulled by Shire or Suffolk Punch horses, the chance o have pictures taken with many of the zoo's animals, and wedding receptions at the zoo's Applewood Function Suite. Lynne Wilshaw, marketing manager for Banham Zoo, said: 'We have had wedding couples feeding the giraffes and penguins, and we have had a blessing in the grand ring with the birds before.
'We offer something totally different and we are really looking forward to talking to people at the EDP Wedding Show about what Banham Zoo has to offer.'
The zoo's dray, used to transport wedding couples, will be on display at the show.
You may also want to watch:
Another exhibitor will be Sam Douglass, from Wroxham-based Scrumptious Buns, that creates beautiful bespoke cupcakes, cakes, cookies and sweet treats. As well as having some of her creations on display she will also be giving people the chance to taste some of her recipes. Miss Douglass said she was really looking forward to meeting people at the show and talking to them about the creative possibilities for their weddings.
On each of the show days there will be fashion shows displaying bridalwear, grooms' attire and mother-of-the-bride outfits.
- 1 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 2 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 5 Traffic shake-ups put forward for four roads in Norwich
- 6 Police still at scene of daylight knife attack
- 7 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 8 Military begin coronavirus support at hospital
- 9 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 10 Office plan revealed for part of disused city pub
The show is on Saturday, February 26 from 10am until 5pm, and on Sunday, February 27 from 10am until 4pm. Tickets bought in advance cost �6 per person or �10 per person for a special VIP ticket. A ticket for four people costs �16. Tickets bought on the day cost �7 per person. To book call 01603 772175 or visit www.edp24.co.uk/ weddings.