Risk of flooding as weather warning for heavy rain is issued
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
The Met Office has issued a weather warning for heavy rain across Norfolk and Waveney.
The yellow warning is in place all day Thursday with a chance of up to 30mm of rain in some places and "flooding of a few homes and businesses is likely".
The warning, which is in place for large parts of the country, also states: "Bus and train services will probably be affected with journey times taking longer and spray and flooding on roads probably making journey times longer."
It follows a wet start to the week with showers in many parts of the region on Monday.
A forecaster for Norwich-based Weatherquest said it will be a "chilly start to the day on Tuesday, bright with sunny spells in the morning."
You may also want to watch:
He added: "We will see cloud amounts increasing with one or two isolated showers at first, particularly towards midday and into the afternoon.
"It looks dry for much of the time on Wednesday with some sunshine and just the small chance of an isolated shower before things turn more unsettled again as we go towards Thursday and the end of the week."
- 1 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 2 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 3 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 City star Buendia reveals Messi's Argentina intervention
- 6 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 7 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 8 Former Norwich North MP and champion of city Dr Ian Gibson dies
- 9 Tributes paid to popular Avenue Middle School head who taught thousands of Norwich children
- 10 Pub relying on British public's resolve ahead of reopening outside space