Norfolk under-5s to receive swine flu jabs
Dan GrimmerChildren under five will now be offered the swine flu vaccine, health bosses revealed today.Dan Grimmer
Children under five will now be offered the swine flu vaccine, health bosses revealed today.
NHS Norfolk has announced that an agreement has been made with local GPs for them to offer the jab to this next target group in the vaccination campaign.
The plans mean parents with children aged from six months to five years will soon be contacted by their GP practice to invite their child along to a vaccination session.
Children who are in this age group are the focus of phase two of the swine flu vaccination campaign, as national trends show they may be particularly vulnerable to the virus.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Ian Hume, a GP and chairman of the Local Medical Committee, said: "I am very pleased to say that GPs will be offering children under five the vaccination against the swine flu vaccine. We know that children can be particularly vulnerable to the virus and this strain may be around for a number of years, so it is essential that parents take their child to receive the vaccination when they are invited."
The arrangement with local GPs comes after discussions between NHS Norfolk, the Local Medical Committee and the GPs themselves.
- 1 Riverside dog-friendly bar opens in city for summertime
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 4 Major names coming to Norwich as big top to be erected in Cathedral Close
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 Botanical Garden Bar returning to Norwich after 'huge level of interest'
- 7 Man, 28, wanted by police in Norfolk
- 8 Is it time to give St Stephens Street a revamp?
- 9 Cut above the rest: Hair salon premises for sale
- 10 Car and lorry crash on busy Norwich road
Following the agreement between these parties for GPs to provide the vaccinations to the children, practices will now be collating a list of patients who are in the relevant age group.