Norfolk sports camps for disabled children
Sarah BrealeyChildren with disabilities can have subsidised places on multi-sport respite camps in the Easter holidays.Sarah Brealey
Children with disabilities can have subsidised places on multi-sport respite camps in the Easter holidays.
The four-day courses are being run by Norwich City Football Club and Football in the Community through their Aviva Ability Counts coaching team.
Parents and carers whose children attend the course can have a break while the children enjoy football, basketball, tennis, tri-golf, hockey and other sports.
The course, which would normally cost around �80, has been 75pc funded by Short Breaks Pathfinder so parents or carers need only pay �20 for the four-day course.
The sports sessions will be delivered by qualified Football in the Community coaches who have experience in working with children with disabilities. Individual care will be provided by Cross Roads Care, an organisation which provides support for children with complex needs.
Darran Lovell, FITC development manager, said: "Following the success of our recent half-term respite courses, we are delighted to be able to offer four days of multi-sport coaching for children with disabilities across Norfolk. These courses are fully inclusive and we look forward to working with more children with learning, physical and complex needs."
- 1 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
- 2 Roads chaos continues with more work lined up at busy junction
- 3 When will work start on new Aldi store?
- 4 Meet the mystery city woman behind the Queen's post box topper
- 5 'Fast & Furious' modified cars reported speeding down industrial road
- 6 Former city sex shop up for sale
- 7 'They want to suck your blood': Bed bugs invade city homes
- 8 WATCH: Inside ex-Aviva office being bought for millions by councils
- 9 House price boom pushing city buyers out of the market
- 10 Teenager suffers serious injuries in city crash
The courses are for children with physical or learning disabilities, with a course at CNS High School in Norwich, Sidestrand Hall School in Cromer, and Attleborough Junior School. The dates for these venues are April 6-7 and April 12-13. The other venues are Lynn Grove High School in Gorleston and Fred Nicholson School in Dereham, both on April 8-9 and April 15-16.
� To book, telephone 01603 761122.