Norfolk sports camps for disabled children
Sarah BrealeyChildren with disabilities can have subsidised places on multi-sport respite camps in the Easter holidays.Sarah Brealey
Children with disabilities can have subsidised places on multi-sport respite camps in the Easter holidays.
The four-day courses are being run by Norwich City Football Club and Football in the Community through their Aviva Ability Counts coaching team.
Parents and carers whose children attend the course can have a break while the children enjoy football, basketball, tennis, tri-golf, hockey and other sports.
The course, which would normally cost around �80, has been 75pc funded by Short Breaks Pathfinder so parents or carers need only pay �20 for the four-day course.
You may also want to watch:
The sports sessions will be delivered by qualified Football in the Community coaches who have experience in working with children with disabilities. Individual care will be provided by Cross Roads Care, an organisation which provides support for children with complex needs.
Darran Lovell, FITC development manager, said: "Following the success of our recent half-term respite courses, we are delighted to be able to offer four days of multi-sport coaching for children with disabilities across Norfolk. These courses are fully inclusive and we look forward to working with more children with learning, physical and complex needs."
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 Jailed in July: Drug dealing, knife crime and manslaughter
- 3 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 4 Duo launch new business inspired by Norwich coffee culture
- 5 Woman's mission to block traffic for 'car free' street party
- 6 Ex-filling station set to become kebab and pizza takeaway
- 7 'How could somebody do this?' - Clothes stolen from domestic abuse charity
- 8 Police boss speaks out after spate of shocking deaths
- 9 Lap dancing club to be allowed to stay open until 6am
- 10 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
The courses are for children with physical or learning disabilities, with a course at CNS High School in Norwich, Sidestrand Hall School in Cromer, and Attleborough Junior School. The dates for these venues are April 6-7 and April 12-13. The other venues are Lynn Grove High School in Gorleston and Fred Nicholson School in Dereham, both on April 8-9 and April 15-16.
� To book, telephone 01603 761122.