Norfolk-shot film to get its premiere
Anthony CarrollA film shot extensively around the Norfolk and Suffolk coast with two up and coming movie stars is to get its regional premiere on Saturday.Anthony Carroll
A film shot extensively around the Norfolk and Suffolk coast with two up and coming movie stars is to get its regional premiere on Saturday.
The Scouting Book for Boys will be shown at Great Yarmouth's Hollywood Cinema as a thank you to staff at the Broadland Sands Holiday Park at Corton, near Lowestoft, where large chunks of the film were shot.
Released nationally on March 19 the film is about best friends David and Emily who live a care free existence on a caravan park.
Starring Thomas Turgoose of This is England fame, and Holliday Grainger, who starred in the film Awaydays, The Scouting Book for Boys takes a dark turn when Emily is forced to run away and live on a cave on a remote beach as police search for her.
You may also want to watch:
And for six weeks the cast and crew camped out in the Broadland Sands Holiday Park which was used for large parts of the fictional caravan park and saw staff and holiday makers as feature on celluloid as extras.
Scenes were also shot in Holkham Bay Hunstanton, Beeston Regis, Trimmingham, Gorleston police station, Kessingland Beach Holiday Park and Yarmouth's South Denes area.
- 1 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 4 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 5 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 6 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 7 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 10 Plans to remove crossing in £440k works branded 'crazy' by councillors
On Saturday the film's director Tom Harper and producer Ivana Mackinnon will join staff from Broadland Sands who starred in the movie or helped its production at a private showing at the Hollywood cinema at 3pm.
Afterwards a post-premiere party will be held at Broadland Sands.