Norfolk-shot film to get its premiere
Anthony CarrollA film shot extensively around the Norfolk and Suffolk coast with two up and coming movie stars is to get its regional premiere on Saturday.Anthony Carroll
A film shot extensively around the Norfolk and Suffolk coast with two up and coming movie stars is to get its regional premiere on Saturday.
The Scouting Book for Boys will be shown at Great Yarmouth's Hollywood Cinema as a thank you to staff at the Broadland Sands Holiday Park at Corton, near Lowestoft, where large chunks of the film were shot.
Released nationally on March 19 the film is about best friends David and Emily who live a care free existence on a caravan park.
Starring Thomas Turgoose of This is England fame, and Holliday Grainger, who starred in the film Awaydays, The Scouting Book for Boys takes a dark turn when Emily is forced to run away and live on a cave on a remote beach as police search for her.
You may also want to watch:
And for six weeks the cast and crew camped out in the Broadland Sands Holiday Park which was used for large parts of the fictional caravan park and saw staff and holiday makers as feature on celluloid as extras.
Scenes were also shot in Holkham Bay Hunstanton, Beeston Regis, Trimmingham, Gorleston police station, Kessingland Beach Holiday Park and Yarmouth's South Denes area.
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 3 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 7 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 8 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 9 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 10 Looking back at one of the city's favourite outdoor swimming pools
On Saturday the film's director Tom Harper and producer Ivana Mackinnon will join staff from Broadland Sands who starred in the movie or helped its production at a private showing at the Hollywood cinema at 3pm.
Afterwards a post-premiere party will be held at Broadland Sands.