Norfolk’s tourism awards finalists revealed
Delia's Canary Catering at Norwich City Football Club and the Marriott Sprowston Manor hotel are among the finalists in the East of England Tourism Enjoy England Awards for Excellence.
Norfolk's tourism businesses have 22 nominations in this year's awards. Delia's Canary Catering, based at Carrow Road, is nominated in the Business Tourism category while Sprowston Manor is in the Large Hotel category.
There are three nominations from the Wroxham area - Wroxham Barns in the Taste of England category, Philip Search of Broad House Hotel, in the Outstanding Customer Service category, and BeWILDerwood in the Large Visitor Attraction of the Year category.
The awards celebrate the best of English tourism - and are known throughout the industry as the 'Oscars' of tourism. Regional winners go forward to the national awards next spring. The awards dinner is at the National Trust's Ickworth House on Thursday, November 4.
Lydia Smith, Director of Norfolk Tourism, said: 'To have 22 finalists in the East of England Tourism, England for Excellence Awards is simply outstanding. The nominees are all top quality businesses and great ambassadors for the county's tourism industry. Congratulations to all the finalists and good luck on the night.'
You may also want to watch:
Fairhaven Woodland and Water Garden in South Walsham is a finalist in the Sustainable Tourism category.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 'I'd be utterly lost without it' - Family told to dig up vegetable patch
- 3 Calls for 'white elephant' bus lane to be opened for emergencies
- 4 Cafe in historic park pavilion to reopen after £36,000 renovation
- 5 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 6 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 7 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 8 Shoe shop founded in 1857 closes down
- 9 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 10 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
B&B / Guest Accommodation of the Year
Bays Guest House, Hunstanton and Dairy Barns, Hickling
Self-catering Holiday of the Year
East View Farm Holiday Cottages, Ashmanhaugh
Caravan Park / Holiday Village of the Year
Deer's Glade Caravan and Camping Park, Hanworth and Kelling Heath Holiday Park
Small Hotel of the Year
Heacham Manor Hotel and Titchwell Manor Hotel
Small Visitor Attraction of the Year
True's Yard, King's Lynn
Taste of England
Denver Mill and Wroxham Barns
Large Hotel of the Year
Marriott Sprowston Manor, Norwich
Cranmer Cottages near Fakenham, Fairhaven Woodland and Water Garden and Kelling Heath Holiday Park
Access for All
Norfolk Cottages, Gissing
Delia's Canary Catering
Tourism Experience of the Year
Go Ape!, Thetford, Kelling Heath Star Party and Treasure Trails, Norfolk
Outstanding Customer Service
Philip Search, Broad House Hotel, Wroxham
Large Visitor Attraction of the Year
BeWILDerwood and Pensthorpe Nature Reserve