Norfolk policewoman injured in 999 crash
Shaun LowthorpeA police woman was taken to hospital after her patrol car was involved in a collision in Norwich.The accident happened at the junction of Salhouse Road and Woodside Road at around 6.Shaun Lowthorpe
A police woman was taken to hospital after her patrol car was involved in a collision in Norwich.
The accident happened at the junction of Salhouse Road and Woodside Road at around 6.35pm tonight, Friday.
Norfolk Police said officers were responding to a 999 call when the crash occurred with a silver Ford Fiesta.
One fire crew from Sprowston and two ambulances were also on scene, but no-one else was thought to be hurt.
You may also want to watch:
The officer was taken to hospital for checks after suffering minor injuries.
Traffic police were examining the scene to pinpoint the cause of the crash and an independent investigation is also likely to be launched.
- 1 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 2 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 3 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 4 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 5 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 6 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 7 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 8 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 9 Norwich road to close for resurfacing and maintenance
- 10 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
Eric Tuvey, 45, who was working in the BP garage opposite, said a passing motorist helped to stop traffic after the crash.
'I heard the police car coming across the traffic lights with its sirens going,' he said. 'There was an almighty bang and there was another car which came to a quick stop.'