Norfolk policewoman injured in 999 crash
Shaun LowthorpeA police woman was taken to hospital after her patrol car was involved in a collision in Norwich.The accident happened at the junction of Salhouse Road and Woodside Road at around 6.Shaun Lowthorpe
A police woman was taken to hospital after her patrol car was involved in a collision in Norwich.
The accident happened at the junction of Salhouse Road and Woodside Road at around 6.35pm tonight, Friday.
Norfolk Police said officers were responding to a 999 call when the crash occurred with a silver Ford Fiesta.
One fire crew from Sprowston and two ambulances were also on scene, but no-one else was thought to be hurt.
You may also want to watch:
The officer was taken to hospital for checks after suffering minor injuries.
Traffic police were examining the scene to pinpoint the cause of the crash and an independent investigation is also likely to be launched.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 3 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 4 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 5 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 6 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 9 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 10 Road in Norwich to close for four weeks for £50,000 improvement scheme
Eric Tuvey, 45, who was working in the BP garage opposite, said a passing motorist helped to stop traffic after the crash.
'I heard the police car coming across the traffic lights with its sirens going,' he said. 'There was an almighty bang and there was another car which came to a quick stop.'