Norfolk policewoman injured in 999 crash
Shaun LowthorpeA police woman was taken to hospital after her patrol car was involved in a collision in Norwich.The accident happened at the junction of Salhouse Road and Woodside Road at around 6.Shaun Lowthorpe
A police woman was taken to hospital after her patrol car was involved in a collision in Norwich.
The accident happened at the junction of Salhouse Road and Woodside Road at around 6.35pm tonight, Friday.
Norfolk Police said officers were responding to a 999 call when the crash occurred with a silver Ford Fiesta.
One fire crew from Sprowston and two ambulances were also on scene, but no-one else was thought to be hurt.
The officer was taken to hospital for checks after suffering minor injuries.
Traffic police were examining the scene to pinpoint the cause of the crash and an independent investigation is also likely to be launched.
- 1 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 2 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 3 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 4 Team behind Golden Triangle pub take on Edith Cavell in Norwich
- 5 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 6 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 7 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 8 Eleventh McDonald's drive-thru could be set for Norwich
- 9 Bread Source confirms location of new store
- 10 Meet the cone ranger battling anti-social parkers at pick-up time
Eric Tuvey, 45, who was working in the BP garage opposite, said a passing motorist helped to stop traffic after the crash.
'I heard the police car coming across the traffic lights with its sirens going,' he said. 'There was an almighty bang and there was another car which came to a quick stop.'