Norfolk policewoman injured in 999 crash
Shaun LowthorpeA police woman was taken to hospital after her patrol car was involved in a collision in Norwich.The accident happened at the junction of Salhouse Road and Woodside Road at around 6.Shaun Lowthorpe
A police woman was taken to hospital after her patrol car was involved in a collision in Norwich.
The accident happened at the junction of Salhouse Road and Woodside Road at around 6.35pm tonight, Friday.
Norfolk Police said officers were responding to a 999 call when the crash occurred with a silver Ford Fiesta.
One fire crew from Sprowston and two ambulances were also on scene, but no-one else was thought to be hurt.
You may also want to watch:
The officer was taken to hospital for checks after suffering minor injuries.
Traffic police were examining the scene to pinpoint the cause of the crash and an independent investigation is also likely to be launched.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 3 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 4 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 5 Man due in court charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 6 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 7 Long-suffering A11 drivers to benefit as 50-year-old road replaced
- 8 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 9 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 10 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
Eric Tuvey, 45, who was working in the BP garage opposite, said a passing motorist helped to stop traffic after the crash.
'I heard the police car coming across the traffic lights with its sirens going,' he said. 'There was an almighty bang and there was another car which came to a quick stop.'