Norfolk policewoman injured in 999 crash
Shaun LowthorpeA police woman was taken to hospital after her patrol car was involved in a collision in Norwich.The accident happened at the junction of Salhouse Road and Woodside Road at around 6.Shaun Lowthorpe
A police woman was taken to hospital after her patrol car was involved in a collision in Norwich.
The accident happened at the junction of Salhouse Road and Woodside Road at around 6.35pm tonight, Friday.
Norfolk Police said officers were responding to a 999 call when the crash occurred with a silver Ford Fiesta.
One fire crew from Sprowston and two ambulances were also on scene, but no-one else was thought to be hurt.
You may also want to watch:
The officer was taken to hospital for checks after suffering minor injuries.
Traffic police were examining the scene to pinpoint the cause of the crash and an independent investigation is also likely to be launched.
- 1 TikTok craze sparks calls to stop sale of beans to under-18s
- 2 Norfolk man jailed for historic child sex abuse offences
- 3 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 4 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 5 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 6 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 7 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 8 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 9 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 10 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
Eric Tuvey, 45, who was working in the BP garage opposite, said a passing motorist helped to stop traffic after the crash.
'I heard the police car coming across the traffic lights with its sirens going,' he said. 'There was an almighty bang and there was another car which came to a quick stop.'