Norfolk police officers raise cash for Haiti appeal
Anthony CarrollFootball loving police officers from Norwich and Great Yarmouth areas are over the moon after they raised �668 for the victims of the Haiti earthquake.Anthony Carroll
Football loving police officers from Norwich and Great Yarmouth areas are over the moon after they raised �668 for the victims of the Haiti earthquake.
On Tuesday eight sides made up of safer neighbourhood teams took part in a five a side soccer contest at Yo Football at Yarmouth's Harfreys Estate.
The winners of the competition were officers from Norwich's Bowthorpe area, who crushed their Thorpe Hamlet rivals 6-1 in the final.
The other teams involved in the Christian Aid Relief in Haiti event were from safer neighbourhood teams at Caister, Rural Flegg Villages, Cobholm, Southern Villages(Yarmouth), Acle and Gorleston.
You may also want to watch:
PC Steve Potter, based at Caister, had organised the fundraising football fun and he thanked all the officers who took part, including referees Det Con Jim Blake and PC Andrew Symonds, and the staff of Yo Football.
- 1 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 2 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 3 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 4 Fears planning shake-up will threaten Norwich city centre
- 5 Man seriously injured after crash
- 6 New 66-bed care home with cinema planned near NDR
- 7 Plans to demolish historic pub approved just days after suspected arson attack
- 8 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 9 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 10 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving