Norfolk police officers raise cash for Haiti appeal
Anthony CarrollFootball loving police officers from Norwich and Great Yarmouth areas are over the moon after they raised �668 for the victims of the Haiti earthquake.Anthony Carroll
Football loving police officers from Norwich and Great Yarmouth areas are over the moon after they raised �668 for the victims of the Haiti earthquake.
On Tuesday eight sides made up of safer neighbourhood teams took part in a five a side soccer contest at Yo Football at Yarmouth's Harfreys Estate.
The winners of the competition were officers from Norwich's Bowthorpe area, who crushed their Thorpe Hamlet rivals 6-1 in the final.
The other teams involved in the Christian Aid Relief in Haiti event were from safer neighbourhood teams at Caister, Rural Flegg Villages, Cobholm, Southern Villages(Yarmouth), Acle and Gorleston.
You may also want to watch:
PC Steve Potter, based at Caister, had organised the fundraising football fun and he thanked all the officers who took part, including referees Det Con Jim Blake and PC Andrew Symonds, and the staff of Yo Football.
- 1 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Drink-driver caught on flyover after police spot 'worrying' driving
- 7 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 8 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 9 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 10 'A little bit of hope' - Care home manager look back on last 10 months