Norfolk police car on 999 call crashes
Adam GrettonAn investigation is continuing today after a police car was involved in a crash with another car whilst responding to a 999 call in Attleborough.Adam Gretton
An investigation is continuing today after a police car was involved in a crash with another car whilst responding to a 999 call in Attleborough.
The marked Norfolk Police response car ended up smashing into a brick wall following the collision with a Nissan Primera on Sunday morning .
A woman police officer suffered minor injuries and had to be released by firefighters from Wymondham and Attleborough stations after becoming trapped in the car. The driver of the Nissan received whiplash injuries.
The two cars and a garden wall suffered extensive damage as a result of the crash at the junction of Norwich Road and Mill Lane, Attleborough, at about 11.30am on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
A Norfolk Police spokesman yesterday said the marked car was responding to an emergency call at the time of the incident, which was being investigated internally.
The incident is the second in 10 days. Another woman police officer was taken to hospital after a crash in Sprowston while responding to a 999 call on Friday March 5.
- 1 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 2 Mum sets up sideline selling jewellery made from breast milk
- 3 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 4 £153m Western Link road delayed a third time
- 5 New pasta and cocktail bar to open in Norwich
- 6 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 7 Norwich restaurants and pubs reopening in April
- 8 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 9 Cardiac arrest call sparks rescue operation near beauty spot
- 10 Greek chain looks set to take over former Giraffe restaurant