Norfolk police car on 999 call crashes
Adam GrettonAn investigation is continuing today after a police car was involved in a crash with another car whilst responding to a 999 call in Attleborough.Adam Gretton
An investigation is continuing today after a police car was involved in a crash with another car whilst responding to a 999 call in Attleborough.
The marked Norfolk Police response car ended up smashing into a brick wall following the collision with a Nissan Primera on Sunday morning .
A woman police officer suffered minor injuries and had to be released by firefighters from Wymondham and Attleborough stations after becoming trapped in the car. The driver of the Nissan received whiplash injuries.
The two cars and a garden wall suffered extensive damage as a result of the crash at the junction of Norwich Road and Mill Lane, Attleborough, at about 11.30am on Sunday.
A Norfolk Police spokesman yesterday said the marked car was responding to an emergency call at the time of the incident, which was being investigated internally.
The incident is the second in 10 days. Another woman police officer was taken to hospital after a crash in Sprowston while responding to a 999 call on Friday March 5.
- 1 'Grossly overpopulated': Fears over new 725 homes plan for city
- 2 New homes plan on woodland will cause 'irreversible' damage, locals warn
- 3 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 4 'I caught the dreaded Covid' says music legend after cancelled city gig
- 5 Barbecue takeaway finally reopens after 'pile of issues' with building
- 6 Why Heartsease is now city's sought-after suburb
- 7 See inside this Grade II listed cottage with 2-bed annexe near Norwich
- 8 Christmas train with tunnel of lights running at Norwich park
- 9 No arrests made after brutal attack which left girls with 'mental scars'
- 10 Outpouring of love for 'happy chappy' Chris