Norfolk police car on 999 call crashes
Adam GrettonAn investigation is continuing today after a police car was involved in a crash with another car whilst responding to a 999 call in Attleborough.Adam Gretton
An investigation is continuing today after a police car was involved in a crash with another car whilst responding to a 999 call in Attleborough.
The marked Norfolk Police response car ended up smashing into a brick wall following the collision with a Nissan Primera on Sunday morning .
A woman police officer suffered minor injuries and had to be released by firefighters from Wymondham and Attleborough stations after becoming trapped in the car. The driver of the Nissan received whiplash injuries.
The two cars and a garden wall suffered extensive damage as a result of the crash at the junction of Norwich Road and Mill Lane, Attleborough, at about 11.30am on Sunday.
A Norfolk Police spokesman yesterday said the marked car was responding to an emergency call at the time of the incident, which was being investigated internally.
The incident is the second in 10 days. Another woman police officer was taken to hospital after a crash in Sprowston while responding to a 999 call on Friday March 5.
- 1 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 2 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 3 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 4 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 5 New Japanese bar and restaurant plans to open in Norwich next month
- 6 Do you own one of these toys which are selling for £1,000?
- 7 One-bed maisonette is up for sale in one of the coolest parts of Norwich
- 8 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 9 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Owners of taco and gourmet burger trailers open restaurant in Norwich