Norfolk police car on 999 call crashes
Adam GrettonAn investigation is continuing today after a police car was involved in a crash with another car whilst responding to a 999 call in Attleborough.Adam Gretton
An investigation is continuing today after a police car was involved in a crash with another car whilst responding to a 999 call in Attleborough.
The marked Norfolk Police response car ended up smashing into a brick wall following the collision with a Nissan Primera on Sunday morning .
A woman police officer suffered minor injuries and had to be released by firefighters from Wymondham and Attleborough stations after becoming trapped in the car. The driver of the Nissan received whiplash injuries.
The two cars and a garden wall suffered extensive damage as a result of the crash at the junction of Norwich Road and Mill Lane, Attleborough, at about 11.30am on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
A Norfolk Police spokesman yesterday said the marked car was responding to an emergency call at the time of the incident, which was being investigated internally.
The incident is the second in 10 days. Another woman police officer was taken to hospital after a crash in Sprowston while responding to a 999 call on Friday March 5.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 Jailed in July: Drug dealing, knife crime and manslaughter
- 3 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 4 Ex-filling station set to become kebab and pizza takeaway
- 5 Duo launch new business inspired by Norwich coffee culture
- 6 Woman's mission to block traffic for 'car free' street party
- 7 Indian restaurant hit by 'hackers' among top 10pc on TripAdvisor
- 8 Three teens arrested in connection with Norwich stabbing
- 9 Police boss speaks out after spate of shocking deaths
- 10 'How could somebody do this?' - Clothes stolen from domestic abuse charity