Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Firefighters had to cut the roof off a car to free a driver following a crash on the A11.
A Vauxhall Zafira went into central reservation in Thetford bound before the Ketteringham turn off.
Police were called at around 7.30pm and the road was closed completely at 8pm, so emergency services could cut the roof of the car to free the female driver.
A Norfolk Police Spokesman said: “Approximately 50 members of the public turned around for the safety of our fire colleagues, so they could get the female out.
“She was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University hospital with a slight injury.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you for everyone's patience and understanding.”
The road was then reopened at 10pm.
- 1 Burst water main causes water shortage in Norwich
- 2 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
- 4 Friends rally to raise funds for widow over wedding refund
- 5 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 6 Have you seen the 'Milk' graffiti daubed all over Norwich?
- 7 See penthouse views from Norwich rooftop listed for sale for £1.65m
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 9 Riverside dog-friendly bar opens in city for summertime
- 10 Cut above the rest: Hair salon premises for sale