Norfolk playgroup delighted after finding new home
Anthony CarrollAn appeal from a Norfolk playgroup to find a new home has ended after a school stepped in to provide a �10,000 boost.Anthony Carroll
An appeal from a Norfolk playgroup to find a new home has ended after a school stepped in to provide a �10,000 boost.
Last month, the Hickling Hunnies Playgroup at Hickling, near Great Yarmouth, revealed how it was desperate for someone to come forward and provide it with a new mobile classroom for about �10,000.
However, parents and youngsters were left disappointed when their appeal appeared to fall on deaf ears.
But the group's disappointment has turned to sheer joy after Hickling Infants School's head teacher Peter Wallis said he would contribute �10,000 from school funds to the playgroup - doubling the amount of money in the pot.
You may also want to watch:
Because of the new improved �20,000 pot, the playgroup has now purchased a fully equipped mobile home which should be set up in the infant school grounds by the end of the month.
Dawn Will, playgroup secretary, said: 'We are all absolutely over the moon.'
- 1 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 2 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 3 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 4 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 5 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 6 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 7 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 8 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 9 Plans to remove crossing in £440k works branded 'crazy' by councillors
- 10 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
The Hickling Hunnies launched their appeal because their current base of operations at the Hickling village hall was due to close because of plans to build a new community hall.
It was feared that if a new mobile could not be found then they play group may have had to relocate to a hall in another village - ending close links with Hickling Infants School.