Norfolk playgroup delighted after finding new home
Anthony CarrollAn appeal from a Norfolk playgroup to find a new home has ended after a school stepped in to provide a �10,000 boost.Anthony Carroll
An appeal from a Norfolk playgroup to find a new home has ended after a school stepped in to provide a �10,000 boost.
Last month, the Hickling Hunnies Playgroup at Hickling, near Great Yarmouth, revealed how it was desperate for someone to come forward and provide it with a new mobile classroom for about �10,000.
However, parents and youngsters were left disappointed when their appeal appeared to fall on deaf ears.
But the group's disappointment has turned to sheer joy after Hickling Infants School's head teacher Peter Wallis said he would contribute �10,000 from school funds to the playgroup - doubling the amount of money in the pot.
You may also want to watch:
Because of the new improved �20,000 pot, the playgroup has now purchased a fully equipped mobile home which should be set up in the infant school grounds by the end of the month.
Dawn Will, playgroup secretary, said: 'We are all absolutely over the moon.'
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 3 Former village pub for sale as home
- 4 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 5 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 6 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 7 Opposition grows over charges to park in Norwich parks
- 8 'Accidents waiting to happen' - Mum vows not to give up 20mph fight
- 9 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
The Hickling Hunnies launched their appeal because their current base of operations at the Hickling village hall was due to close because of plans to build a new community hall.
It was feared that if a new mobile could not be found then they play group may have had to relocate to a hall in another village - ending close links with Hickling Infants School.