Norfolk photographer stars in Chippendoubles’ new single and video
The race for the Christmas No 1 is hotting up and a group of lookalikes featuring a Norfolk photographer have now released their own contender for the spot.
The Chippendoubles featuring Daniel Craig lookalike Steve Wright, from Hellesdon, first came to the public's attention on Britain's Got Talent earlier this year, where they brought the house down with their 'mystery monks' performance, and eventually reached the semi-finals of the show.
They have been working together ever since, entertaining crowds at their shows throughout the UK and appearing at various events. And they have now released their own single called A Christmas Cowell, sung by the Simon Cowell look-a-like in the group, Simon Carol.
The song also features The Chippendoubles dancers – made up of impersonators resembling David Beckham, Gordon Ramsay, Ricky Gervais, Will Smith, Mr T, as well as Daniel Craig and Simon Cowell.
All profits from sales of the single, which includes with a cheeky dig at Simon Cowell's monopoly of the festive charts, are going to CLIC Sargent, the children's cancer charity.
Mr Wright, 42, a commercial and advertising photographer, who is originally from Sheringham, said: 'We are still trying to keep ourselves up there in the public eye.
'As well as having a bit of fun with the single and video, there's also the cancer charity part of it, which is good.
- 1 Rumours Sweet Briar Road will close again QUASHED by council
- 2 'Barcelona-style' redevelopment of Next store mooted
- 3 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY
- 4 Hunt to track vandals who broke into jet after cutting wire fence
- 5 Norwich pub to host street party with Caribbean BBQ, DJs and stalls
- 6 Neighbours shock at ‘unexplained’ sudden death of woman
- 7 Chaos at major airports sees demand for Norwich flights increase 400pc
- 8 London man, 25, charged in connection with Class A drug dealing in Norwich
- 9 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 10 5 affordable homes for first-time buyers currently for sale in Norwich
'I think it's about time the real Simon Cowell was challenged in the charts, and what better way than by his clone singing on a single.'
The video was shot at the same location as X-Factor star Olly Murs' track Please Don't Let Me Go and includes past X-Factor and Britain's Got Talent contestants, the doubles of the X- Factor judges and even a cameo from East 17 singer Brian Harvey.
Founder of the Chippendoubles, Beckham lookalike Andy Harmer, said: 'CLIC Sargent provides an invaluable service to children suffering from cancer and their families. However, they need money to continue to provide their vital services which is why we wanted to help by releasing this single.'
The single is available for download from iTunes at tinyurl.com/chippendoubles and details can also be found on the Chippendoubles website, www.chippendoubles.com. The cost is �0.79p per download.
Are you doing something unusual for Christmas? Contact David Bale on 01603 772429 or firstname.lastname@example.org