Norfolk photographer stars in Chippendoubles’ new single and video
The race for the Christmas No 1 is hotting up and a group of lookalikes featuring a Norfolk photographer have now released their own contender for the spot.
The Chippendoubles featuring Daniel Craig lookalike Steve Wright, from Hellesdon, first came to the public's attention on Britain's Got Talent earlier this year, where they brought the house down with their 'mystery monks' performance, and eventually reached the semi-finals of the show.
They have been working together ever since, entertaining crowds at their shows throughout the UK and appearing at various events. And they have now released their own single called A Christmas Cowell, sung by the Simon Cowell look-a-like in the group, Simon Carol.
The song also features The Chippendoubles dancers – made up of impersonators resembling David Beckham, Gordon Ramsay, Ricky Gervais, Will Smith, Mr T, as well as Daniel Craig and Simon Cowell.
All profits from sales of the single, which includes with a cheeky dig at Simon Cowell's monopoly of the festive charts, are going to CLIC Sargent, the children's cancer charity.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Wright, 42, a commercial and advertising photographer, who is originally from Sheringham, said: 'We are still trying to keep ourselves up there in the public eye.
'As well as having a bit of fun with the single and video, there's also the cancer charity part of it, which is good.
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 3 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 7 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 8 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 9 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 10 Looking back at one of the city's favourite outdoor swimming pools
'I think it's about time the real Simon Cowell was challenged in the charts, and what better way than by his clone singing on a single.'
The video was shot at the same location as X-Factor star Olly Murs' track Please Don't Let Me Go and includes past X-Factor and Britain's Got Talent contestants, the doubles of the X- Factor judges and even a cameo from East 17 singer Brian Harvey.
Founder of the Chippendoubles, Beckham lookalike Andy Harmer, said: 'CLIC Sargent provides an invaluable service to children suffering from cancer and their families. However, they need money to continue to provide their vital services which is why we wanted to help by releasing this single.'
The single is available for download from iTunes at tinyurl.com/chippendoubles and details can also be found on the Chippendoubles website, www.chippendoubles.com. The cost is �0.79p per download.
Are you doing something unusual for Christmas? Contact David Bale on 01603 772429 or email@example.com