Norfolk people urged to get walking to help cancer patients
People are being urged to get their walking shoes on to raise funds to help those with cancer.
Macmillan Cancer Support's annual Bure Valley Railway Walk will take place on Saturday, April 9 and Sunday, April 10.
The charity, which celebrates its centenary this year, hopes to raise money to continue to help local people living with cancer.
Walkers taking part will take a three, six or nine mile route, each of which runs alongside the Bure Valley Railway's track between Aylsham and Wroxham.
Each will raise sponsorship for the charity from friends and family and the railway has offered a train driver experience day to the person who raises the highest amount.
You may also want to watch:
Macmillan's Norfolk fundraising manager Helen Chapman said: 'Bure Valley Railway has once again shown fantastic generosity and we're all hoping their example will help inspire people to really give it their all in our centenary year.
'Every step we take together makes more of a difference than you realise, so let's make this one as amazing as it can be.'
- 1 Fresh questions over 'Japanese restaurant' in Norwich home
- 2 Police concerned for 25-year-old missing man from Norwich
- 3 Vigil begins as body of 'selfless' nurse arrives at cathedral
- 4 Councillor questions need for new homes plan near Norwich
- 5 Former city boxing champion denies threats to slash partner's throat
- 6 New £1.9m council car park gets go-ahead despite opposition
- 7 'It's family and it was taken away' - how pandemic hit hospitality staff
- 8 Road closure warning for £940,000 traffic shake-up in Norwich
- 9 What a view: Unique apartment in former Norwich school is for sale
- 10 Man jailed for attacking homeless victim with bike tool
More than 500 walkers talk part in the event last year, raising thousands for Macmillan Cancer Support. Every year, more than 4,400 people are diagnosed with cancer across Norfolk.
Macmillan offers advice, support and encouragement from initial diagnosis right the way through every cancer patient's journey.
To register to take part in the walk visit www.macmillan.org.uk/walks, call the Norfolk fundraising office on 01603 724369 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you taking part in a charity event? Email email@example.com or call 01603 772326.