Norfolk people urged to get walking to help cancer patients
People are being urged to get their walking shoes on to raise funds to help those with cancer.
Macmillan Cancer Support's annual Bure Valley Railway Walk will take place on Saturday, April 9 and Sunday, April 10.
The charity, which celebrates its centenary this year, hopes to raise money to continue to help local people living with cancer.
Walkers taking part will take a three, six or nine mile route, each of which runs alongside the Bure Valley Railway's track between Aylsham and Wroxham.
Each will raise sponsorship for the charity from friends and family and the railway has offered a train driver experience day to the person who raises the highest amount.
You may also want to watch:
Macmillan's Norfolk fundraising manager Helen Chapman said: 'Bure Valley Railway has once again shown fantastic generosity and we're all hoping their example will help inspire people to really give it their all in our centenary year.
'Every step we take together makes more of a difference than you realise, so let's make this one as amazing as it can be.'
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 5 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 6 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 7 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 8 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
More than 500 walkers talk part in the event last year, raising thousands for Macmillan Cancer Support. Every year, more than 4,400 people are diagnosed with cancer across Norfolk.
Macmillan offers advice, support and encouragement from initial diagnosis right the way through every cancer patient's journey.
To register to take part in the walk visit www.macmillan.org.uk/walks, call the Norfolk fundraising office on 01603 724369 or email email@example.com.
Are you taking part in a charity event? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 772326.