Norfolk people urged to get walking to help cancer patients
People are being urged to get their walking shoes on to raise funds to help those with cancer.
Macmillan Cancer Support's annual Bure Valley Railway Walk will take place on Saturday, April 9 and Sunday, April 10.
The charity, which celebrates its centenary this year, hopes to raise money to continue to help local people living with cancer.
Walkers taking part will take a three, six or nine mile route, each of which runs alongside the Bure Valley Railway's track between Aylsham and Wroxham.
Each will raise sponsorship for the charity from friends and family and the railway has offered a train driver experience day to the person who raises the highest amount.
You may also want to watch:
Macmillan's Norfolk fundraising manager Helen Chapman said: 'Bure Valley Railway has once again shown fantastic generosity and we're all hoping their example will help inspire people to really give it their all in our centenary year.
'Every step we take together makes more of a difference than you realise, so let's make this one as amazing as it can be.'
- 1 Reaction to plans for new Norwich Block entertainment venue
- 2 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 3 New 170-place school likely to get go-ahead
- 4 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 5 Nut allergy fears spark battle for 'landmark' walnut tree
- 6 Tributes pour in for 'much loved lady' after body found
- 7 Costa Coffee to close Norwich high street cafe
- 8 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
- 9 Pupils demand cycle lane as NDR sends 1200 cars their way during rush hour
- 10 Landlord pays tenants £980 following battle with 'extreme mould and damp'
More than 500 walkers talk part in the event last year, raising thousands for Macmillan Cancer Support. Every year, more than 4,400 people are diagnosed with cancer across Norfolk.
Macmillan offers advice, support and encouragement from initial diagnosis right the way through every cancer patient's journey.
To register to take part in the walk visit www.macmillan.org.uk/walks, call the Norfolk fundraising office on 01603 724369 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you taking part in a charity event? Email email@example.com or call 01603 772326.