Norfolk people urged to get walking to help cancer patients
People are being urged to get their walking shoes on to raise funds to help those with cancer.
Macmillan Cancer Support's annual Bure Valley Railway Walk will take place on Saturday, April 9 and Sunday, April 10.
The charity, which celebrates its centenary this year, hopes to raise money to continue to help local people living with cancer.
Walkers taking part will take a three, six or nine mile route, each of which runs alongside the Bure Valley Railway's track between Aylsham and Wroxham.
Each will raise sponsorship for the charity from friends and family and the railway has offered a train driver experience day to the person who raises the highest amount.
Macmillan's Norfolk fundraising manager Helen Chapman said: 'Bure Valley Railway has once again shown fantastic generosity and we're all hoping their example will help inspire people to really give it their all in our centenary year.
'Every step we take together makes more of a difference than you realise, so let's make this one as amazing as it can be.'
- 1 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 2 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 3 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 4 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 5 New Japanese bar and restaurant plans to open in Norwich next month
- 6 Do you own one of these toys which are selling for £1,000?
- 7 One-bed maisonette is up for sale in one of the coolest parts of Norwich
- 8 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 9 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Owners of taco and gourmet burger trailers open restaurant in Norwich
More than 500 walkers talk part in the event last year, raising thousands for Macmillan Cancer Support. Every year, more than 4,400 people are diagnosed with cancer across Norfolk.
Macmillan offers advice, support and encouragement from initial diagnosis right the way through every cancer patient's journey.
To register to take part in the walk visit www.macmillan.org.uk/walks, call the Norfolk fundraising office on 01603 724369 or email email@example.com.
Are you taking part in a charity event? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 772326.