Norfolk models wash cars in their swimsuits
Swimsuits may not be the usual attire worn for cleaning cars, but a team of models wore exactly that when they took part in a charity car wash in Norwich.
Models from the Norwich-based Kerri Parker Academy, four of which are Miss Norfolk 2011 finalists, spent a day at the city's Territorial Army base in Aylsham Road where they donned swimwear and tiaras and washed cars to help raise funds for the charity Help for Heroes, which helps injured servicemen and women.
Among them was Maria Allegrino, from Cromer, who said: 'We started at 11am and we had two girls standing at the gates while the others washed cars. It was quite busy and we hope to do other events like this in the future.
'It was a bit cold to start off with, but we got used to it!'
She said the day had been a twist on the usual 'bikini car wash' because Miss Great Britain finalists are no longer allowed to wear two piece bikinis in the competition.
Sunday's event was organised in conjunction with Cromer-based AJ Valeting.
Future events organised by the girls will be posted on the Bubbles and Babes page on Facebook.
- 1 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 2 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 3 Family living in city's 'worst' council house despair over new damp
- 4 Mum-to-be outraged after yobs vandalise 13 cars in suburb
- 5 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 6 Norwich City star and fan groups back call for drums at Carrow Road
- 7 Huge food festival with Liberty X and S Club All Stars heading to Norwich
- 8 Man refusing to pay rent for council flat over 16-year mould problem
- 9 'Such a shame': Independent card shop announces closure with sale
- 10 Graduate outraged after being handed tax bill for unoccupied student digs
The Miss Norfolk final takes place in August and the winner will go through to the Miss Great Britain final.
Are you doing something unusual to raise money for charity? Contact Emma Knights on 01603 772428 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.